Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Two Important Questions

Quote Originally Posted by jab5325 View Post
    I still don't understand the Iceman references around here.

That's because he's a "Ninja Poster". You get to read his thoughts on life and crawl around in his brain for awhile, then *POOF*, they're gone.
    Like a fart in the wind...
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Be consistant. Don't change more than one thing at a time. Trust in yourself and what you can do/are doing.

Chats: 204

Like em or hate em...(and "em" can be anyone from Iceman to myself or anyone else that has been here awhile)...when a person posts 2000-6000 times and has passion and opinions...heated discussions are bound to pop up from time to time. And some of those topics just keep circling back around endlessly and become "references".

If you even KNEW...how many times people ask what ball to buy...or how many times we've debated wrist braces...or how many times we've debated the value of coaching vs. being "gifted" or how many times we've tackled sandbaggers.... The list could go on and on and on. And when you address these things so many times...they become punch lines or at the least; sources of an

Best example...Benghazi. In the beginning there was interest in whether or not more could be done and what was done and what should have been done...etc... But, after hearing about it over and over and over on Fox News and right-wing radio...when the general public clearly had lost interest...and then 12+ investigative panels...most concluding there was virtually no wrongdoing...it was clear to see that it was mostly just a way to politically go after the opposing party's front runner for the next election. And once that happened, it became a punch line. Likewise, when Iceman first brought up "The Gift", there was an interesting back and forth about the values of inherent talent versus coaching...but Iceman is persistent and not one to "move" on his positions...so he continued to try and insert "The Gift" into many, many discussions. Once that happened, "being gifted" became more of a punch line than a discussion point.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Like em or hate em...(and "em" can be anyone from Iceman to myself or anyone else that has been here awhile)...when a person posts 2000-6000 times and has passion and opinions...heated discussions are bound to pop up from time to time. And some of those topics just keep circling back around endlessly and become "references".

If you even KNEW...how many times people ask what ball to buy...or how many times we've debated wrist braces...or how many times we've debated the value of coaching vs. being "gifted" or how many times we've tackled sandbaggers.... The list could go on and on and on. And when you address these things so many times...they become punch lines or at the least; sources of an

Best example...Benghazi. In the beginning there was interest in whether or not more could be done and what was done and what should have been done...etc... But, after hearing about it over and over and over on Fox News and right-wing radio...when the general public clearly had lost interest...and then 12+ investigative panels...most concluding there was virtually no wrongdoing...it was clear to see that it was mostly just a way to politically go after the opposing party's front runner for the next election. And once that happened, it became a punch line. Likewise, when Iceman first brought up "The Gift", there was an interesting back and forth about the values of inherent talent versus coaching...but Iceman is persistent and not one to "move" on his positions...so he continued to try and insert "The Gift" into many, many discussions. Once that happened, "being gifted" became more of a punch line than a discussion point.
    A shorter, than normal, answer and concise. Aslan on point! Could be a thread title?

FWIW, Iceman was more on the gifted side vs. coached side of bowling.

I miss the photos of trailers, motorcycles, ice cream, wood decks or bucks. Come back Ice!
    Hammer Purple Urethane. Storm Surge Hybrid, Storm Pitch Purple, Roto Grip Hyper Cell.
    2 Storm Surge Pearl 4x4x2 and a no flare, ,Roto Grip Hot Cell, Roto Grip Haywire.
    2020/2021, Hi Average 219, Hi Game 289, Hi Series 771, 30 Clean 4, 700 Series 16.
    2021/2022, Hi Average 211, Hi Game 256 Hi Series 693, 30 Clean 0, 700 Series 0.
    Proud member of Bowlingboards.com Since 2013.

He was / is / sometimes a poster who has a million thoughts and would write about them...a lot ! So much that the site administrators had a level set that if you reached 5000 posts or something like that you would get the title GOD instead of Sandbagger, Cranker, Ringer, All-star, or member.
    He liked to talk a lot about being a bowling god and sparked lots of interesting and entertaining conversations about anything from health to being a coal miner to bowling on the sacred wood lanes of Podunk Missouri .....
    He had a slightly different viewpoint than some of the other more prolific posters and he was not afraid to sling some mud toward those that dared to disagree with the god of bowling!
    He was just here a month ago or so and then vanished again , possibly because he couldn't get any takers to go to Podonk and bowl against him on the scrappy old wood lanes that he loved.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    He was / is / sometimes a poster who has a million thoughts and would write about them...a lot ! So much that the site administrators had a level set that if you reached 5000 posts or something like that you would get the title GOD instead of Sandbagger, Cranker, Ringer, All-star, or member.
    He liked to talk a lot about being a bowling god and sparked lots of interesting and entertaining conversations about anything from health to being a coal miner to bowling on the sacred wood lanes of Podunk Missouri .....
    He had a slightly different viewpoint than some of the other more prolific posters and he was not afraid to sling some mud toward those that dared to disagree with the god of bowling!
    He was just here a month ago or so and then vanished again , possibly because he couldn't get any takers to go to Podonk and bowl against him on the scrappy old wood lanes that he loved.
    Now let's be accurate. When I took my hiatus over two years ago I was over 5,000 posts and had that title long before Michael. He said he would catch me and even being away for two years, he couldn't. But there are NO Gods here. A few stubborn, older men with one bowling in sandals but no Gods.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post

So the fact that a US embassy was overrun and US citizens were killed in that 3rd world piece of s**t is not a problem for you. Someone is at fault for the lack of security.
    Last edited by fortheloveofbowling; 10-06-2015 at 03:17 AM.

An Aslan dissertation coming in 3...2...1...
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Chats: 32

Guys I think we can do just fine without getting into Benghazi on the bowling site.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post
    Now let's be accurate. When I took my hiatus over two years ago I was over 5,000 posts and had that title long before Michael. He said he would catch me and even being away for two years, he couldn't. But there are NO Gods here. A few stubborn, older men with one bowling in sandals but no Gods.
    Yes, what you say is true, but he celebrated the title and often made reference to it. That's why I tried to start a movement to make a new class just for him where second guy to 5219 posts gets to be Grand Poo-bah or something to that effect... lol
    Besides bowling in sandals didn't he change water into lemonade or something, and part Otter creek ?
    Last edited by Tony; 10-06-2015 at 10:59 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast