Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Possible 300 game courtesy

Chats: 0

I have stopped and quietly watched from a distance. But I can say this, since I bowl from a wheel chair it attacks attention when I start stringing strikes. I was on the 7th frame when I noticed behind me was a group watching me I got nervous and went light and left the 10 pin finished with a 233 was not use to being the center of attention. I will say a bunch came over and high fived me for a good game but I still wonder what it would have been had I not noticed them.
    Roto Grip Sinister, Storm 2Fast, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Joy Ride, Storm Phase, Storm Sky Rocket, Storm Mix, 14#equipment..Disabled bowler bowl from a wheel chair.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner!

Bowler

There really is no right answer or wrong answer. I personally would like to maintain the same atmosphere as all the other frames. We had one guy throw a 300 on the pair next to us on Wednesday night, my teammate was on the right lane of our pair and the guy throwing the 300 was on the lane next to him (left of his pair), my teammate waited and our opponent who was bowling on the left side of our pair kept bowling.

As luck would have it one of the guys on the next pair threw a 300 in my Friday morning league today. It was the last game and everything was normal for the first 9 frames then he waited and let the guys on either side finish out and then he went up and nailed the last 3 strikes.

In my league, they are pretty rare. Three bowled in our league last season, and I don't know of any others shot during any of the other leagues. If you bowl one they post your name on a sign and hang it up for years.
    I had the first one of the season last year. The whole house stopped to watch all three shots. One big cheer, then back to bowling. I would have preferred everyone else to keep bowling but they wouldn't. Glad I didn't disappoint.

I think a lot depends on the bowler. I know people who want everything to continue as normal and others who don't want anyone within 5 lanes to even breath. Easier decision if you know the bowler but if not I give a 2 lane courtesy if not already doing so(some people expect this all the time) and if the bowler asks you to bowl your turn then please do.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123