Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Possible 300 game courtesy

Chats: 0

Default Possible 300 game courtesy

What are you thoughts on possible 300 game courtesy? What would you want done if it was you with the front 9 or more? There are two things I have heard and I have my thoughts based on those. This is based on being on the same pair or next to the pair of a guy on a run. It happened to me last night in league. Guy on the pair next to me has the front 11. His ball is still in the pit and I was up on the lane next to him. What would you do in my position or what would you want me to do if you were in his position.

A:WAIT!! Don't go even if there is plenty of time. Everyone should wait and let him go at his own pace and stay away.
    B:Continue as if it were the third frame. You have time and its your turn so make your shot. This is to not draw attention to what is happening, just like you would with a pitcher and a no hitter. Proceed as if it were a normal inning/frame.

I made my shot and then went back to my team. It was our first frame and to be honest I had no clue the guy was on the run until I sat back down. He still had plenty of time and made the shot to finish off his 300. Even though I would want option B done for me I still went over and congratulated him and said I was sorry if my move distracted him. I told him I had no idea he was in the position. He was fine but I want to hear everyones thoughts.

Play as you normally would. I know if I bowled the front 9 or 10 I wouldn't expect anything different

Cranker

I've been in both scenarios but both times they were only practice games. One time a young kid, maybe 17-18 threw a 300 game and my buddies and I went about our business and he was able to get it. Another time, a woman bowler was practicing before her league games and she had the front 11. My brother-in-law waited to let her finish and I think that made her rush her final shot and she threw a bad shot and got an 7 count.

So I think you should just go about your normal thing and just observe the standard lane courtesy so not to put extra pressure on the person.

Chats: 256

Depends on the league or situation I think.
    Competitive league, I see bowlers just go about their normal bowling. Fun league, I see the whole house stop to watch.

I watch and notice the lanes around me and if I see a guy on a 9+ run, I wait for him to complete his 10th frame if I am due up at the same time.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

A lot of guys prefer you to continue normally. If it is on my pair or the pair just left or right of me, i try to continue normally only if my pace does not delay them. It comes down to knowing the people on your league as well. I have bowled on leagues where guys are looking for pba courtesy always and even more room when trying to shoot 300. Respect, courtesy, and sportsmanship.

This guy was new so I have no idea what he wants. My shot in now way delayed him. I was worried that I did but the rest of my team assured me that I in no way delayed the guy.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

There's no right or wrong answer, it all depends on the situation and the bowler.

If I was shooting one i would want everyone to keep going, everyone stopping and getting quite just adds pressure.

Others would want everyone beside them to stay back and wait.

We had two 300's shot last night on league, one beside us and we kept bowling.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    There's no right or wrong answer, it all depends on the situation and the bowler.

If I was shooting one i would want everyone to keep going, everyone stopping and getting quite just adds pressure.

Others would want everyone beside them to stay back and wait.

We had two 300's shot last night on league, one beside us and we kept bowling.
    I agree, keep going with the normal routine. My old man has had 30 some 300 games and he says the same thing. He is the one who taught me everything I know as he was a professional in his younger years. He is my benchmark.

Chats: 5

Im on my first session ever bowling house league... I was told by my Captian if there is a bowler thats possibly gona roll a 300 in the next couple lanes left or right of us to let them have the courtesy. I dont mind waiting as I think it would be awesome to watch. But I would feel like Im possibly making them nervous or even rush.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

I blew three of them in the tenth frame last year. I rushed the first one. Partly because my opponent would not take his turn despite me asking him to, partly because I had been holding my bladder since the third frame. Went light leaving the 2-8 for a 298.
    The second time I started getting anxious, not nervous, around the seventh frame. I was on and knew it, I couldn't wait for my turn. When I nailed the first in the tenth I thought I had it locked up. I was so amped up when the ball came back i grabbed it, gripped it and ripped it.....to much hand snapped off the break point like it hit a wall and went brooklyn. When the ball came back I just walked over and dropped it in the gutter for a 284.
    The thrid time I left a stone 9 in the ninth. Missed it, struck out for a 26something (268 I think). Posiiton round so I was just glad we won.

Watched one guy last season. The tenth was like any other frame except everyone telling him it was the tenth. He finally yelled "I know but I'm not changing anything". He walked back to his seat and drank some beer just as with every other frame. He said if he did things differently it would have messed him up and made him think about it.

I would want things to continue as normal. For others, I wait and always congratulate them.

*funny side note...seems some places have as many 300s in a night as we have all season. We have 1 this year. 18 last season which was an all-time record for that center. Our house record is 843 and that was without a 300 game.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast