Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Getting a new (old) ball

Tony, Up till now my favorite ball is my Hy-Road; however, I just purchased a Sky Rocket and tried it out today for the first time. I was impressed on how it reacted to the friction. It's not the strongest ball I have, but it just worked very nicely on the house shot in the senior league. I expected a little more snap than the Hy-Road and about the same length which is exactly what I got. My pro shop drilled up with about a 4" x 4" x 2" layout. Both my coach and PSO recommended this ball. Good luck...

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

For reason I will not delve into again I will not ever buy another NEW 900RotoStorm. That being said, there is a reason I still have my Hy-Road. Very well may be the best reactive ball ever made. Consistent. Takes surface changes very well. The only other ball from them I truly like is the IQ Tour Edition. Like that ball for the same reasons yet handles more oil with a little more backend.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post
    For reason I will not delve into again I will not ever buy another NEW 900RotoStorm. That being said, there is a reason I still have my Hy-Road. Very well may be the best reactive ball ever made. Consistent. Takes surface changes very well. The only other ball from them I truly like is the IQ Tour Edition. Like that ball for the same reasons yet handles more oil with a little more backend.
    Interesting, I have also considered that ball and have seen it used with great results. I noticed also that the cover stock is the same. The main reason for choosing the hy-road instead is to stay with a ball that I can play more of an outside line.

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by djp1080 View Post
    Tony, Up till now my favorite ball is my Hy-Road; however, I just purchased a Sky Rocket and tried it out today for the first time. I was impressed on how it reacted to the friction. It's not the strongest ball I have, but it just worked very nicely on the house shot in the senior league. I expected a little more snap than the Hy-Road and about the same length which is exactly what I got. My pro shop drilled up with about a 4" x 4" x 2" layout. Both my coach and PSO recommended this ball. Good luck...
    The sky rocket will produce a much more angular motion than the Hyroad. If you are looking for the newer ball with the Hyroad tendency it would be the rocket. The Skyrocket will be as longer and as much or more backend as the Rhino Gold you had.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    The sky rocket will produce a much more angular motion than the Hyroad. If you are looking for the newer ball with the Hyroad tendency it would be the rocket. The Skyrocket will be as longer and as much or more backend as the Rhino Gold you had.
    Yes, I don't need a ball with that much back-end, the Rocket looks like it has the same cover-stock but instead of getting a ball like the hy-road I might as well get the hy-road while it is still available, it seems from the comments of experienced users I can't go wrong and it will be a good ball to have in the bag. I can always get a stronger but similar ball later, and I likely will.

It's been ordered, should be here today or Thursday, might be able to pick it up in time for Fri morning league.

Quote Originally Posted by larry mc View Post
    brunswick lt 48
    I can see where this ball might work out. Funny thing is I had one of the original ones, first ball I ever purchased, conventional grip and everything.

Chats: 0

Tony , you have me wanting to order a hy-road for myself. I was thinking about the sky rocket but then I won the hay wire. Thinking I'm going to hold off . Of course I could always order it and drill it latter. I hate temptation. Did I say I'm addicted.
    Roto Grip Sinister, Storm 2Fast, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Joy Ride, Storm Phase, Storm Sky Rocket, Storm Mix, 14#equipment..Disabled bowler bowl from a wheel chair.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner!

Quote Originally Posted by Jessiewoodard57 View Post
    Tony , you have me wanting to order a hy-road for myself. I was thinking about the sky rocket but then I won the hay wire. Thinking I'm going to hold off . Of course I could always order it and drill it latter. I hate temptation. Did I say I'm addicted.
    Yes, I'm addicted too! Have had the Hy-Road for a couple of weeks and I love it. Got it drilled pin up, went out and found it was a way stronger ball than the rating. Took some advice on changing the surface and took the polish off,and brought it up to a 4000 finish. The ball is darn near perfect for me.
    Went out today at a house that's tougher than where my leagues are and tossed a few games , 188, 193, 199, 205, 215. I can certainly understand why people love this ball.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123