Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Strokers Rant.. (about crankers)

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by Gutternut View Post
    I get what you're saying, bowling is about consistency.

Curious about your thumbless teammate who uses his thumb..........what is his span? Is it close to a conventional drill or fitted like your span would be? I can see myself trying to adopt this.
    I can check. I think the hole for his thumb is more shallow and slightly further back than a standard thumbhole would be. But I'm not sure. I actually always thought his thumb was out...and just found out that he uses it. All the bowling I've seen and thats the first person I've seen that does that.

I know a little about thumbless bowling as that's how I started bowling. I bought a 15lb karma pearl and wasn't a able to get the ball to do what I wanted with 3-fingers, so I started thumbless bowling and got the action I wanted. My highest game was a 244, but weird splits and the fact I had to stand all the way left up against the ball return wasn't helping. With joining a league this fall, instead of improving on thumbless bowling I decided to go back to 3 fingers. I have started out with a 130 average but after 5 weeks my spare shot is coming around. I also picked up a used Arson pearl and I got a 206 the other day.

My revs are down and I have slowed from a speed of 16-17 at the pins thumbless to a speed of 13 at the pins. I figured it was best change now and learn as the league goes on.

Cranker
    Chats: 0

On a house shot it really shouldn't matter, I've found that you can even play through a lot of carry down caused by crankers with a little loft, or by changing your pace up a bit on the same line once they've moved beyond it and are trying to figure out why everything is going Brooklyn.

Pin Crusher

I'm confused why would carry down make your ball go Brooklyn? Carry down should make your ball not hook. Making it come in light? Carry down is when rubber or plastic balls pick up oil and carry it DOWN. New type balls suck up the oil and make you ball hook sooner, making it go Brooklyn.

Cranker

Yes, you are confused.

Pin Crusher

Confused but not wrong. Reactive resin balls pick up oil like a vacuum. Plastic and rubber just smear it around and down the lane. Carry down has be a very minute problem in years. Burned up lanes from reactive is much more a problem making bowlers move.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Quote Originally Posted by dnhoffman View Post
    Yes, you are confused.

Thanks for the lengthy and insightful response after making a post such as yours. See, I also would like to know how loft helps with carry down seeing how conventional wisdom has those things contradicting one another.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by dnhoffman View Post
    Yes, you are confused.
    I'm pretty sure you are incorrect on who is confused here. I'm pretty sure everything you mentioned is exactly the opposite from what I have ever observed.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Come on guys.....you loft it all the way to the carry down to control the entire lane!!

Quote Originally Posted by fortheloveofbowling View Post
    Come on guys.....you loft it all the way to the carry down to control the entire lane!!
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast