Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you like your holes (yes, we're talking about holes)

Ringer
    Chats: 23

My finger grips are a tad loose but then I use Vise NT-50 (Big Wes Yellow Tape) on my fingers to create the tight feel I like. I do this for the reason that if my fingers swell then I don't need to use the tape. Most of the summer I didn't need the tape.

For my thumb I have Vise IT in all my balls. This has been one of the greatest things I have done. I love the ability to change balls and it feels the exact same no matter which ball I have in my hand. Another tip I would give people is that even if you use an IT, get it drilled bigger and use tape. You can always take tape out, but you can't make your thumb hole bigger when there is nothing to take out.

Lastly as I have gotten better and everything seems more natural, I have found that I can add more and more tape for a tighter thumb. To some it will seem like a lie, but those who get out of the ball well will understand. The tighter the thumb the faster you can get your thumb out of the ball.
    Equipment:
    Motiv: Forza, Forza Redine, Venom Shock, Tag
    Storm: Sky Rocket
    Track 100P Spare Ball

To be drilled: Motiv Jackal

Chats: 0

I like my thumb snug but not to the point of sticking in the ball. My game (up until a week ago) would start out with the thumb snug like I like it but after a game the thumb would be so loose that I found my self worrying about my grip as I started my shot. To fix the issue I decided to have switch grips installed in all my balls. I now love the fact that each ball feels the same. I also use oval finger inserts.
    Roto Grip Sinister, Storm 2Fast, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Joy Ride, Storm Phase, Storm Sky Rocket, Storm Mix, 14#equipment..Disabled bowler bowl from a wheel chair.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12