Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back after a long hiatus

Ringer
    Chats: 23

Default Back after a long hiatus

Some will remember me, others not so much.

I took a long time off from posting after burning out over the Bowlingintel venture. I will spare (pun intended) the details and if you want to know I don't mind sharing.

But anyway, I am back to contribute a bit after spending the summer working on my own game.
    Equipment:
    Motiv: Forza, Forza Redine, Venom Shock, Tag
    Storm: Sky Rocket
    Track 100P Spare Ball

To be drilled: Motiv Jackal

Chats: 256

Welcome back scotty.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Inquiring minds want to know, but what happened to the site. Was pretty sudden when it was gone.
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Ringer

Yeah sorry about the plug suddenly being pulled.

It is a long story but I will just give the notes. There were 4 of us who started it and we got it up and running. Then the one guy who did a good chunk of the site programming with me, basically up and disappeared on us. Wouldn't reply to any form of communication that I had for him. Which this shouldn't really be a problem but the site and hosting was all in his name and there was no way of me just getting it switched over without any details or ability to do it.

Along with this we lost another one of our site creators as his wife was battling illness which was understandable and he just was not able to put in any time. It was then left to Bill and I to figure out what we were going to do. I actually went and visited Bill to get in some bowling lessons as well as kind of figure out what we were going to do. We knew we would soon lose the website as our time was running out. We were just not sure when it would run out. It just so happened to run out as I was working on how to tell everyone what was going to happen. In the meantime Bill and I had discussed a new venture (yet to be even planned). We both were tired of the forum idea and wanted to do something new. We have had a few ideas but for both of us it has yet to be fully discussed with both of us being busy.

Flash forward to now and the idea of something new is still there but it won't be a forum, and at this point who knows when it will be anything. It is tough to run anything like this without some sort of capital driving the project. Bowlingintel was paid out of pocket and no revenue was ever brought in. We did give away 3 Brunswick brand bowling balls that they provided with us providing some ad space.
    Last edited by scottymoney; 10-07-2015 at 02:57 PM.
    Equipment:
    Track 100P Spare Ball

Thanks for the info Scotty. Figured it had to be something that was out of every one's control given the sudden departure of it.

Best of luck to you on your future endeavor.

Hoping others that were on the site come back to BowlingBoards as well.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Welcome back scotty.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Welcome back! Hope everything is well with you.

Ringer

Thanks guys. It is going alright. Keeping busy and bowling as much as I can.
    Equipment:
    Track 100P Spare Ball

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by scottymoney View Post
    Some will remember me, others not so much.

I took a long time off from posting after burning out over the Bowlingintel venture. I will spare (pun intended) the details and if you want to know I don't mind sharing.

But anyway, I am back to contribute a bit after spending the summer working on my own game.
    Glad to hear from you. While I'm sure that I don't realize half the work that went into starting and maintaining Bowlingintel, I would like to thank you and your co-conspirators for all that you did to start and run the site.
    John

Chats: 4

Welcome back to the site Scotty glad to have you back.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast