Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Struggling with carry down...

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Jessiewoodard57 View Post
    Amyers what you described the starting and stopping of the hook is exactly what I meant by skip a beat at the break point. As to bad shots oh my as I said in our league they are all over the boards with their shots.
    I've learned anything is possible. The trick for carry down is to move in with a more aggressive ball or at least add surface but I would make sure to move left while doing it (righty)
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Quote Originally Posted by lyalc52 View Post
    i had my first experience in a long time bowling with a lot of plastic rollers this past monday. And i have to say, i loved what happened to the lanes.
    I stared the night with my hyroad which is very tame, as the night went on, i started pulling out more aggressive balls and played the shim with great results.
    shim to win!!

Chats: 0

After my practice session yesterday, I have come to another possible explanation. Even during practice I am losing reaction at a similar rate. I feel like my speed is picking up as time progresses in a given session. I do spend some time warming up with stretches and drills before I practice and also before league play. I also tried to make sure I wasn't picking up my pace on my approach. Either way, I feel like the speed is picking up - I will need to record or use a buddy to be sure - we don't have speed monitors at my center. My ball is laid out with the Brunswick generic layout for length and the surface is currently finished with Royal Compound - my proshop guy used a lot of pressure last time it was on spinner and it almost looks polished as opposed to the OOB matte. Nevertheless I don't think I am matching up with the lanes conditions very well - my center uses a medium-med heavy volume - especially if my speed is picking up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12