Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mookie Betts - Bowling

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by NewToBowling View Post
    I agree with CJ. But check out the Mookie Betts video. Great bowling form (at least to me)
    I'm not saying the guy isn't an above average bowler. He may vary well be but the WSOB is one of the bigger tournaments. Can you imagine have a singer/actor/other sport star playing in the MLB Playoffs or NBA Playoffs or the NFL Playoffs or even the regular season of these sports? Why because it's disrespectful to the athletes in those sports. If he wants to try and qualify more power to him but for it just to be handed to him? What is really even going to give the sport any notoriety here. Who even knew who Mookie Betts was before this?
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    I'm not saying the guy isn't an above average bowler. He may vary well be but the WSOB is one of the bigger tournaments. Can you imagine have a singer/actor/other sport star playing in the MLB Playoffs or NBA Playoffs or the NFL Playoffs or even the regular season of these sports? Why because it's disrespectful to the athletes in those sports. If he wants to try and qualify more power to him but for it just to be handed to him? What is really even going to give the sport any notoriety here. Who even knew who Mookie Betts was before this?
    Well he does play for the Red Sox so I'm pretty sure more people know him than Chris Barnes or Norm Duke.

He would be considered an exemption. He is good enough to compete and would be considered a draw. Him being there would bring some much needed attention to the sport and PBA
    Last edited by NewToBowling; 10-08-2015 at 03:27 PM.

Cranker
    Chats: 0

Man CJ Anderson's form is funky. I see a lot of beginner bowlers who slide on the wrong foot so I guess no one ever corrected him and he's athletic enough that he learned how to bowl well like that.

As for Mookie competing in the WSOB I don't have a problem with that. The NBA, NFL or MLB you have to be good enough to make a team but the WSOB is a bowling tournament so the only qualification is really if you can pay the entry fee. It would be a different story if they put him on Team USA and let him compete in the Olympics or some event like that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12