Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I love payimg it forward ...

Chats: 0

Default I love payimg it forward ...

I recently won a Roto Grip Haywire from the Forum (thank you guys) that I've not gotten to use in league play yet but I want to tell you what happened last night a league. My partner has 3 daughters 2 in their early teens ( both are in our league as one team) and one about a year old. She is married and a stay at home mom so I figure money can be tight. The 14 year old has rolled a 200 game with a plastic ball conventional grip. In the game she started with a 9 spare followed by 3 strikes then another spare but from there it went down hill quick. She told her mom she could not wait to get a better ball and go to fingertip grips ( she hooks the plastic a little bit already ) but mom said she would need to wait. I recently switched from 13 to 14 pound equipment and as luck would have it I just happened to have the ball I rolled my first 200 game with in my bag, a 13# Brunswick Rhino Gold so I reached in to the bag and pulled it out . I asked her what pound ball she bowls with and yup you guessed it 13#. I handed her the ball and said to her a gift for you. I explained her mom how I was switching to 14# equipment and this was the last 13# ball I had not given away. I gave her my PSO owner's name and address and told her it will need to be plugged and redrilled for her. I also told her mom to give him my name and ask him to put the plug and redrill on my tab. What a smile! It sure feels great paying it forward. Not to mention encouraging the younger generation.
    Last edited by Jessiewoodard57; 10-26-2015 at 11:30 AM.
    Roto Grip Sinister, Storm 2Fast, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Joy Ride, Storm Phase, Storm Sky Rocket, Storm Mix, 14#equipment..Disabled bowler bowl from a wheel chair.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner!

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

People ask me how I can give balls away like I do instead of selling them. Now you are one person that can understand it. Times are tough for a lot of people so being able to do something like this is gratifying.
    You're a good person and I wish you all the best.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

At the end of this league I will get a DV8 outcast free. I'm already looking into the high school team that bowls there at our center. I want the coach to find a young person that is needy and deserving of a new undrilled ball
    Roto Grip Sinister, Storm 2Fast, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Joy Ride, Storm Phase, Storm Sky Rocket, Storm Mix, 14#equipment..Disabled bowler bowl from a wheel chair.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner!

Cranker

That's awesome Jessie. You're a good man.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Our high school team has benefitted greatly from donated balls. Each month our center has a ball raffle with the proceeds going to the youth league (covers sanction fees, awards, fun day at the end of league, etc.). Anyway, with me bowling so many leagues and coaching the kids many have come by during leagues to talk. They have ended up talking with many bowlers who have come to watch them practice or compete. With a town of 30k people I had four kids compete in Chicago this year for Jr. Gold. The result? Many ball raffle winners have donated the ball to the high school team with some even covering the drilling, slugs and grips. Most bowlers on the JV teams have plastic balls and some are still using conventional grip (uggh).
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jessiewoodard57 View Post
    I recently won a Roto Grip Haywire from the Forum (thank you guys) that I've not gotten to use in league play yet but I want to tell you what happened last night a league. My partner has 3 daughters 2 in their early teens ( both are in our league as one team) and one about a year old. She is married and a stay at home mom so I figure money can be tight. The 14 year old has rolled a 200 game with a plastic ball conventional grip. In the game she started with a 9 spare followed by 3 strikes then another spare but from there it went down hill quick. She told her mom she could not wait to get a better ball and go to fingertip grips ( she hooks the plastic a little bit already ) but mom said she would need to wait. I recently switched from 13 to 14 pound equipment and as luck would have it I just happened to have the ball I rolled my first 200 game with in my bag, a 13# Brunswick Rhino Gold so I reached in to the bag and pulled it out . I asked her what pound ball she bowls with and yup you guessed it 13#. I handed her the ball and said to her a gift for you. I explained her mom how I was switching to 14# equipment and this was the last 13# ball I had not given away. I gave her my PSO owner's name and address and told her it will need to be plugged and redrilled for her. I also told her mom to give him my name and ask him to put the plug and redrill on my tab. What a smile! It sure feels great paying it forward. Not to mention encouraging the younger generation.
    Very cool of you to do this! Where do you find a pro shop that lets you keep a tab 😝
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

I see him weekly and he knows I'll pay him at our Tuesday league. He is the type guy that when I wanted to switch to 14# equipment he reached into his own bag and plugged and drilled one of his own balls (A storm 2 fast ) giving it to me for the price of the drilling so I could test the weight. This is why this man has my full support.
    Last edited by Jessiewoodard57; 10-26-2015 at 12:35 PM.

Chats: 1

I love this! Most of the people on here know of my luck at winning contests for balls. I gave all but one to teammates or Jr bowlers and the one I kept was the very last ball I won from Storms Diandra Asbaty. It's a really good feeling to give needy bowlers such a gift.

SandBagger
    Chats: 26

Good on you Jessie!!!!
    Beyond Revs Pro Shop Staffer. West Valley and Riverton, Utah.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums. 900Global Inception DCT, Inception Pearl, Honey Badger, Covert Ops, Special Ops, Desert Ops Brunswick Green Quantum Radical Tremendous

SandBagger
    Chats: 26

Quote Originally Posted by AlexNC View Post
    Very cool of you to do this! Where do you find a pro shop that lets you keep a tab 😝
    establish a good relationship with one
    I'm sure the guy who does all mine and my daughter's stuff would do the same

after all, we are talking mostly labor and very little out of pocket
    I'm sure any good PSO is willing to float a small tab to a good customer
    Beyond Revs Pro Shop Staffer. West Valley and Riverton, Utah.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums. 900Global Inception DCT, Inception Pearl, Honey Badger, Covert Ops, Special Ops, Desert Ops Brunswick Green Quantum Radical Tremendous

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast