Thread: Spare ball - Finger tip or conventional drilling?

Cranker
    Chats: 0

Default Spare ball - Finger tip or conventional drilling?

My spare ball has the same fingertip drilling as my strike balls but I was wondering if anyone uses a spare ball with a conventional drilling.

Fingertip. Heck same ball.

Keep it the same.

If I remember, CB is the only one on tour that does this.

I have a buddy who uses fingertip for his strike ball and conventional for spare ball. His spare shooting is terrible fwiw. I think you would be well served to be using a consitant grip and fit for all your equipment unless it is working exceptionally well for you.

Chats: 256

You want as consistent a feel between balls as possible. Having one finger tip and one conventional can cause all sorts of accuracy issues.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

SandBagger
    Chats: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Ishkabibble View Post
    Fingertip. Heck same ball.
    this

why waist bag room on a "spare ball"
    Beyond Revs Pro Shop Staffer. West Valley and Riverton, Utah.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums. 900Global Inception DCT, Inception Pearl, Honey Badger, Covert Ops, Special Ops, Desert Ops Brunswick Green Quantum Radical Tremendous

Haven't use anything but a fingertip in years .....

I used to use a single ball for all shots but have a spare plastic ball just for 6 /10 pins.
    It wasn't bad shooting spares with older balls but I have missed a few too many using the
    higher end balls that want to hook a little too much for spare shooting.
    Last edited by Tony; 10-15-2015 at 11:35 PM.

Fingertip on both. Ref. "why waist ball room on a spare ball"... A spare ball is never a waste unless you are trying to hang it from your belt loops!

Ringer
    Chats: 23

I agree, my favorite ball in my bag is my spare ball. You may wonder why but it is the ball that gets you out of jams. It is the ball that you probably throw the most if you stop and think about it. At least I know it is as I carry a 5 ball arsenal. It is also the ball no matter what the condition is you know exactly what it is going to do. It is going to go as straight as you throw it.

I used to be a non-believer in the spare ball. Go get one then come back and edit your post.
    Equipment:
    Motiv: Forza, Forza Redine, Venom Shock, Tag
    Storm: Sky Rocket
    Track 100P Spare Ball

To be drilled: Motiv Jackal

I shoot straight at my spares using a fingertip grip.