Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 300 vs 800

700 is much easier to get than a 300 game. Anyone would prefer the 300 over the 700.

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

I'll remember that when someone starts a post about 300 vrs. 700.

My strike rate is 26 percent so my probability at the moment of 300 is .26^12, very unlikely, I've thrown 5 in a row on many occasions, yet to throw 6, I'm off from work today, will bowl my 12 practice games in hope that 6 in a row comes, perhaps with a high score. I've been reading on the mathematics of bowling, there is a dude in Florida who has recorded every score from 290 to 300 and he would purposely roll a 2 on his last shot to get a 292, or 3 for a 293

They should really enforce the rule that says you have to try your best on every shot. I have seen guys, when they leave a ten pin, just take a ball out of the rack and blindly toss it down the lane or roll it slowly and don't even watch it, and it goes nowhere near the pin. Whether it is blatant sandbagging, or just the bowler losing their temper over an unlucky shot, there should be some sort of penalty for those who do this.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by TonyInPortland View Post
    They should really enforce the rule that says you have to try your best on every shot. I have seen guys, when they leave a ten pin, just take a ball out of the rack and blindly toss it down the lane or roll it slowly and don't even watch it, and it goes nowhere near the pin. Whether it is blatant sandbagging, or just the bowler losing their temper over an unlucky shot, there should be some sort of penalty for those who do this.
    Seriously, you would punish someone who deliberately tries to throw a 292?
    John

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Sure they are being arrogant. Hey look at me I can throw a 300 any time I want. If you throw off and don't try to score your best it is sandbagging. Sure it is a unique feat. But they are not even tracked by USBC anymore. So you would have no verifiable proof anyway. There fore you are an arrogant ***. Just ask the rest of the bowling public who have never even got the chance to get to the 12th ball.

SandBagger
    Chats: 2

Quote Originally Posted by foreverincamo View Post
    The only way I want to go 300,less than 700 is to have two games under 200, then the 300. This way you get to say you threw a 600 without a single 200 game. You get some funny looks.
    BOOOM!! This guy right here. 189+192+300=681. It was the most embarrassing/fun night of bowling I've had.
    Arsenal: Buzz attack Stinger, Bloody Cross Royal, Big Kahuna Congo, Big Kahuna Tribal, Morpheus Dream, Graffiti, YOLO, YOLO Pearl

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123