Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haywire surface question

Chats: 0

Default Haywire surface question

Well my PSO drilled up my Haywire that I won here on the forum. He set it up to go longer for me the CG is in the middle of my grip and the pin sits over my ring finger. I am not a high speed bowler. I can hit the pocket no problem but it just does not have the punch like my Sinister does. I think it is spending all it's energy before it starts it's roll through the pin deck giving me a lousy pin carry. So here is my question to get it to store more energy for the pins I'm considering taking the surface from the OOB 2000 grit to a 3000 grit and polishing it. Any thoughts? I will wait till after league on Tuesday to be sure the oil volume was not too light because my ball was not showing oil on it's return.
    Roto Grip Sinister, Storm 2Fast, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Joy Ride, Storm Phase, Storm Sky Rocket, Storm Mix, 14#equipment..Disabled bowler bowl from a wheel chair.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner!

Chats: 32

Try it at 4k first if that doesn't work then 1k or 2k polished. You don't really want to polish a ball with a real fine grit in my opinion.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 4

I have my Hammer Badass @4000 with a heavy coat of polish on it
    and it almost is still to much ball for a THS with the way I throw it.

I would recomend trying what Amyers said first take it to 4000 and
    if it still burns up early then try 4000 with polish and then if it skids
    to far then go back to 2000 with polish should be about right then.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Thanks for the replies. I bowl tonight so I will wait to change the surface till after I try tonight with league conditions.
    Roto Grip Sinister, Storm 2Fast, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Joy Ride, Storm Phase, Storm Sky Rocket, Storm Mix, 14#equipment..Disabled bowler bowl from a wheel chair.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner!

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Try it at 4k first if that doesn't work then 1k or 2k polished. You don't really want to polish a ball with a real fine grit in my opinion.
    Amyers , I decided to take your advice and sanded it to 4000. I will see how that works. I am going to bowl a few games before league tonight and to see if I need to get out the Reacta Shine. Let you know how it works out.

Chats: 32

Good luck hope it works. Just remember as you reduce surface total hook goes down but back end movement increases.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Exactly what I need this ball OOB was hitting like a feather duster for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessiewoodard57 View Post
    Exactly what I need this ball OOB was hitting like a feather duster for me.
    I think one's of the ad's for that ball was "hit's like a big fluffy marshmallow" !

The 4000 grit made the haywire hit much better but something was not right with the lanes. Everyone one of our balls where making unusual moves in the back end. I later found out the whole house was having the same issues. My PSO also bowls league there on Tuesday and he was saying it was not just me that everyone was complaining about the lanes being screwy. I tried going to my Joyride figuring an easy turn at the break point but it turned like it thought it was a Crux! The only ball I could get to settle down was my Hammer Taboo Plastic Spare ball. Not sure if the lane conditioning machine was screwed up or what but we would have bowled better if the lanes where dry. It was one night I wish to forget.

That sounds like the lane oiling machine had a cleaning issue. That can be from operator error to machine fault. If it's uniform across all the lanes, it's the only thing that makes sense.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast