Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Serious question: Do you wash your hands in the restroom during bowling?

Default Serious question: Do you wash your hands in the restroom during bowling?

Saw this on another board and interesting responses.

I'll be honest, I don't wash my hands because I use tape. I do my business and walk out. But I also don't do #2

Got to keep that thumb dry. Just don't hi-five me

Cranker
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by NewToBowling View Post
    Saw this on another board and interesting responses.

I'll be honest, I don't wash my hands because I use tape. I do my business and walk out. But I also don't do #2

Got to keep that thumb dry. Just don't hi-five me
    I always wash my hands and I will use powder or just keep my hands on the blower until they are dry. I'm usually more concerned about getting my bowling shoes wet.

Well I have bowling shoe covers for that

Yes, but I never use the restroom during league play. If I had to I would just replace my Vise tape on my thumb.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

I never leave a restroom without washing my hands and I use the paper towel to open the door. I picked that habit up when I was a McDs manager for 16 years. You would be surprised the number people that use a public restrooms and leave the restroom without washing their hands. At McDs they would go to the counter and order food! Since I am food safety orientated I would point out that once you put your fingers in the ball you transfer bacteria from everybody that used that restroom to the finger holes in your ball. If after handling your bowling ball you were to touch your eyes you could have issues. Too much hepp C going around these days to chance it.
    Roto Grip Sinister, Storm 2Fast, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Joy Ride, Storm Phase, Storm Sky Rocket, Storm Mix, 14#equipment..Disabled bowler bowl from a wheel chair.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner!

There's no door leading into our restroom at the bowling alley, but I do use a paper towel to open public restroom doors. The condition some public rest rooms are in leaves no questions about the cleanliness of the people using them...

Chats: 204

Even though I tend to be religious about frequently washing my hands; bowling is the one exception where (unless I got something on my hand) I try to avoid washing them. Colder water makes the thumb smaller and hotter water makes it larger...not to mention now it's moist and sticks more...just better to leave it alone if I can help it.

But, if I get a little "loose with the hose" and get something on my hands...then, yes. Not only for health reasons but also a courtesy to all the people I'll be high-5ving that night.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

I don't use the bathroom during league play but if I were to I would wash my hands and use the dryer to get my bowling hand good and dry.
    I also try not to use my bowling hand for eating drinking or high 5's fist bumps ect .

Pin Crusher

Try hand sanitizers to clean your hands.

I heard that a germ infested ball is more likely to crack...
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast