Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pre-bowling

Chats: 32

I've seen people get away with doing this at my centers around here but it sounds like to consensus is No. Interesting I can understand why.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

I would only pre or post bowl out of absolute necessity. Why bowl when the lanes aren't optimal (meaning not freshly oiled).

My league now is on Sunday Nights. When the Broncos played on Sunday Night Football half the league didn't show up. The Broncos I believe have two more Sunday Night Football games. I expect the same deal. We usually finish up in an hour if it's just us.

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Does no one know the rules? It is forbidden. No discussion necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    I've seen people get away with doing this at my centers around here but it sounds like to consensus is No. Interesting I can understand why.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

It's right in the USBC Rules, under Rule 107 – Team Composition and Rule 111 – Pre-bowl/Postponements

NOTE: Once a player records scores, whether prebowled, post bowled or at the regularly scheduled
    time, the player’s eligibility for that series has been exhausted. The posted scores must be
    utilized in figuring team and individual standings, unless declared null and void by the league
    board of directors.

Commonly Asked Questions – Rule 107a.
    107a/1 We had an individual/team pre-bowl because they had to work. Later, they found out
    that they would not have to work on that date so they appeared at the lanes to bowl.
    Can the league secretary throw out their scores and allow them to bowl?
    No. When an individual or team receives permission from the league and completes their
    pre-bowl, they have exhausted their eligibility for that league session. The league board of
    directors has the authority to declare the pre-bowled scores null and void only if a rule was
    violated or due to mitigating circumstances. However, the change in the individual’s work
    schedule does not fall into either of these categories, therefore, the scores would stand.

and

111e/4 We had an individual/team pre-bowl because they had to work. Later they found out
    that they would not have to work on that date so they appeared at the lanes to bowl.
    Can the league secretary throw out their scores and allow them to bowl?
    No. When an individual or team receives permission from the league and completes their prebowl,
    they have exhausted their eligibility for that league session.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 10-22-2015 at 06:54 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

One thing you could ask is if you could still show up and bowl but still use the bowl out scores.

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by foreverincamo View Post
    One thing you could ask is if you could still show up and bowl but still use the bowl out scores.
    The bowling center might not like that idea, or want to charge some $ for the repeated lineage.

The league may have rules against pacers.

Pin Crusher

If I am the owner I would love to have you come down and pace. Buy a few burgers and beers. You won't get anything with out them there.

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    If I am the owner I would love to have you come down and pace. Buy a few burgers and beers. You won't get anything with out them there.
    By that logic they should make open bowling free.

Pin Crusher

I was talking about having people missing during league.

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    I doubt the opposing team would like having non scoring bowlers bowling during their league match, maybe they would ask if they can come and open bowl (for free) along with the people pre bowling, I would have a big problem with that kind of crap.
    When some bowlers tried to come and bowl after pre bowling in one of my leagues the sec told them if you want to open bowl go to the front desk and see if they have a lane otherwise all you can do is watch.
    ( they can buy all the burgers and beer while they are watching)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast