Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pre-bowling

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    By that logic they should make open bowling free.
    Right, free open bowling with purchase of a burger and fries !

Quote Originally Posted by foreverincamo View Post
    One thing you could ask is if you could still show up and bowl but still use the bowl out scores.
    As long as they are open bowling on designated lanes that would be fine, but have them free bowling in the regular league format would be crazy. That would not be the slightest bit reasonable in my opinion.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Note Pacing in a league is not the same as open bowling, when a league allows pacers they are used to balance the rotation of the teams and they have to abide by the rules also.

And while pacers scores don't count for the team they are pacing on, Pacers who are sanctioned can also win any of the USBC individual awards with the scores they shoot while pacing.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Seems a little harsh if you ask me. What is the harm? They are league members in good standing.

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    Seems a little harsh if you ask me. What is the harm? They are league members in good standing.
    As far as the league is concerned, no harm.

But the proprietor is only being paid for one of the two bowling sessions when someone pre-bowls (not paid at that time), and then paces (the league pays for the lineage out of those bowlers normal fees).

Cranker

My league, you'd be locked into those scores.

Pin Crusher

I think that what I said would make sense in this case. Would it not be good PR to let them bowl? Besides like I said before maybe you could sell the some food and drinks. That why so many places go under no humanity.

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    I think that what I said would make sense in this case. Would it not be good PR to let them bowl? Besides like I said before maybe you could sell the some food and drinks. That why so many places go under no humanity.
    Most of the time the people running the desk are minimum wage or close, and they aren't authorized to give away free games.

Excerpt from :

Rule 323

A pacer cannot later enter or compete in the tournament, unless the tournament rules permit multiple participation.

I could only find Pacers listed in Tournament rules.
    Along with the lack of mention for League rules and the sentence above it would appear Pacers are not allowed to be members of the group they are Pacing.
    League rules line-ups section do not mention pacers as part of a legal lineup.
    So if that is true you would have to establish local rules (if allowed ) to allow pre bowlers to attend and pace for their team.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Excerpt from :

Rule 323

A pacer cannot later enter or compete in the tournament, unless the tournament rules permit multiple participation.

Along with the lack of mention for League rules and the sentence above it would appear Pacers are not allowed to be members of the group they are Pacing.
    League rules line-ups section do not mention pacers as part of a legal lineup.
    So if that is true you would have to establish local rules (if allowed ) to allow pre bowlers to attend and pace for their team.
    Pacers are in this section of the USBC Playing Rules 2015-2016
    Chapter 2: General Playing Rules
    Page 43

107d. Pacers
    A pacer is a bowler who fills in to balance the rotation of the teams. The following shall apply
    to all pacers:
    1. Scores bowled do not count toward team totals nor are they included in the average records.
    2. Pacers are allowed, unless otherwise provided by league rule.
    3. Pacers who are USBC members are eligible for all USBC individual awards.

Whether or not Pacers could be counted towards a legal lineup was never a question.

And as long as a league allows pacing in the rules, there's nothing in the USBC rules that say you can't pace on your own team (assuming the situation presented itself). the only question would be the cost of and paying the lineage for the bowling (Which would either be payed to the league or the house directly).

That is not what that rule says and It has nothing to do with the group they pace with, it just says that if someone paces in a tournament. They can't enter the tournament later on or be a contestant in that tournament also. Unless the rules allow multiple participation.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 10-25-2015 at 09:58 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast