Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pre-bowling

Default Pre-bowling

So my wife and I are in a Friday night mixed league and my wife originally thought her cousin would be in town this weekend. She had made plans for us to go out to dinner with her on Friday night instead of bowling in our league. We pre-bowled on Sunday thinking that the plans were still going to happen. My wife got a call this morning saying that her cousin got her dates mixed up and she won't be in town until next month. Would it be ok from your perspective to show up to league tomorrow and say we wanted to bowl and not use our pre-bowl scores? My wife did really well (40 pins over average) but she is finally starting to love bowling as much as I do and wants to bowl in league. What do you all think? We're only allowed 8 pre-bowls and we want to save them just in case an emergency or something comes up.
    Bowling balls in the bag: Track Paradox, Hammer Deadly Aim, Hammer Black Widow Legend, Hammer Black Widow Assassin, Hammer Viral, Columbia 300 White Dot

Chats: 32

I'm not a rules expert but I don't see why this would be a problem.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Sourtower View Post
    So my wife and I are in a Friday night mixed league and my wife originally thought her cousin would be in town this weekend. She had made plans for us to go out to dinner with her on Friday night instead of bowling in our league. We pre-bowled on Sunday thinking that the plans were still going to happen. My wife got a call this morning saying that her cousin got her dates mixed up and she won't be in town until next month. Would it be ok from your perspective to show up to league tomorrow and say we wanted to bowl and not use our pre-bowl scores? My wife did really well (40 pins over average) but she is finally starting to love bowling as much as I do and wants to bowl in league. What do you all think? We're only allowed 8 pre-bowls and we want to save them just in case an emergency or something comes up.
    Once the games have been bowled, you're pretty much committed to them.

There would have to be some very odd things occur for the scores to be nullified.

If you were allowed to just ignore the scores by choice, it opens up abuse of when having bowled bad, you just show up on the regular night and hope to do better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    Once the games have been bowled, you're pretty much committed to them.

There would have to be some very odd things occur for the scores to be nullified.

If you were allowed to just ignore the scores by choice, it opens up abuse of when having bowled bad, you just show up on the regular night and hope to do better.
    I understand what you're saying and see how that could be exploited. It stinks that we wasted a pre-bowl for a day we are able to bowl. We both bowled way over our averages, I just love bowling in league and the whole atmosphere. I guess we'll have to find another place to bowl tomorrow night.
    Bowling balls in the bag: Track Paradox, Hammer Deadly Aim, Hammer Black Widow Legend, Hammer Black Widow Assassin, Hammer Viral, Columbia 300 White Dot

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Absolutely against the rules. Once bowled the scores count. Call your local assn. or USBC rules dept. and I guarantee you will get the same answer. Maybe I shouldn't say local who knows where you are or what they might say. Call USBC rules dept. in Texas.

I would hope you couldn't bowl again after pre-bowling. Think of all the potential abuse. You could pre-bowl every day of the week and pick the highest scores. I understand your circumstances are unique but far more nefarious people would use this to their advantage.

Chats: 256

Yeah, not gonna happen for you to bowl again after you pre-bowled. Since you were 40 or whatever over average each, leave it as is. That's a good set of bowling.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Go out to dinner and a movie or go practice a few games at another house.

Ringer
    Chats: 0

People would abuse the heck out of it.

With any leagues I've bowled when you go to center and pre bowl it's as if you rolled the game in your league. You can't re bowl a game once it's entered.
    Actually had it happen last year a guy pre bowled against us and showed up, said he got back to town early and wanted to bowl, the league secretary told him to go get a lane and bowl if he feels like it but the scores entered stand and he can't change anything.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast