Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sandbagger meet my best friend Karma

SandBagger
    Chats: 0

I can understand the points on having rules, especially in this case.
    Question: If a league becomes short on some teams, can they consolidate during the year? I am in a Senior league that is well run. They have become short of bowlers due to an age issue, I believe. Can they within USBC rules consolidate teams during the year?

SandBagger
    Chats: 26

yes we are certified and use the USBC rules, but again no bylaws YET, if I keep bowling this league i will insist on them next year.

on week one we had 10 teams, most were full but some had vacant players. We are now up to 16 teams, the sandbagger have 2 vacant spots and two of the other teams each have 1.

again if I wasn't bowling with my daughters, I would only bowl on scratch leagues
    Beyond Revs Pro Shop Staffer. West Valley and Riverton, Utah.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums. 900Global Inception DCT, Inception Pearl, Honey Badger, Covert Ops, Special Ops, Desert Ops Brunswick Green Quantum Radical Tremendous

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckR View Post
    I can understand the points on having rules, especially in this case.
    Question: If a league becomes short on some teams, can they consolidate during the year? I am in a Senior league that is well run. They have become short of bowlers due to an age issue, I believe. Can they within USBC rules consolidate teams during the year?
    That came up here once in years past it could be done, But it requires a Captains vote to allow it.

It's basically covered by Rule 107b. which covers a player wanting to move to another team.

107b. Transferring Team Membership
    Unless otherwise provided by league rule, a bowler listed on a team’s roster and whose scores have counted, may transfer to another team in the league during the season provided:
    1. Adult leagues: Two-thirds of the league’s team captains agree to the transfer. This provision does not apply to USBC closed leagues, or to any league which adopts its own rule to govern transfers.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

as a usbc officer . i would have warned them for blatant sand bagging and if seen again i would have booted them out

Throwing two balls purposely in the ditch should be addressed. Mixed league or not that is crazy. Everyone knows a sandbagger or two but I have never heard of that. Especially in a league for fun that pays out very little. I don't know how someone could openly cheat this way, it has me all fired up. You are a better person than I am I guess as I would have called them out. Not because I wanted to win but because I am so disgusted by someone that would cheat in a fun league.

Pin Crusher

I understand rule 107b but what about forcing a short team to add an available replacement?

Our house in the past would charge the leagues for the 2 missing bowlers.

Quote Originally Posted by TVan View Post
    Throwing two balls purposely in the ditch should be addressed. Mixed league or not that is crazy. Everyone knows a sandbagger or two but I have never heard of that. Especially in a league for fun that pays out very little. I don't know how someone could openly cheat this way, it has me all fired up. You are a better person than I am I guess as I would have called them out. Not because I wanted to win but because I am so disgusted by someone that would cheat in a fun league.
    I have never seen anyone sandbagging like that, I've heard from some of the members here that there is heavy sandbagging in the sweeps often held in Vegas, but that's got much bigger stakes so you would expect more people to stoop that low.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    I understand rule 107b but what about forcing a short team to add an available replacement?
    There is no USBC rule that directly address's a team that refuses to allow any bowlers to be added to their team to fill out their teams roster by league.

So the decision basically falls upon the League board of directors to handle the situation.

Contacting the USBC Rules dept. and asking for guidance would be the first step.

Given if the team is shown not to be making a serious effort to obtain a member (which they should do and it appears they are not doing) and if they haven't provided good reason for refusing the players provided by the league to fill their roster.

Then the league should be able to force them to either accept the players or remove the team from the league.

Rule 115a could be used I believe, in that the team is using a:conduct derogatory to the best interest of the league
    (and possibly c: Violation of any USBC or league rule.)

115a. Dismissal of a League Officer or Player
    A league member can file a written charge asking for removal of a league officer or
    dismissal of a player.
    1. A player may be dismissed from the league or an officer removed from league office only for any of
    the following reasons:
    a. Conduct derogatory to the best interest of the league.
    b. Any deliberate action which can be proven to be detrimental to the best interest of the team.
    c. Violation of any USBC or league rule.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 10-25-2015 at 06:00 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

These folks won't add bowlers because they can't find anyone else who isn't morally disgusted by their sandbagging.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast