Thread: well the season is over

Chats: 0

Default well the season is over

just finished the season , and if i do say so myself i didnt do too bad. me and my doubles patner , we finished third. might not sound great, but as a player who has only been playing ten months, let me tell you i am well chuffed. gone from thinking 120 was great to a best of 232 and being dissapointed with 170. didnt managed to hit my goal of a 150 average only got to 135. but still well happy. goals for next season. 150 average and learn to hook a ball( getting a new ball next week and having it finger tip drilled). all in all i have loved my first year playing and wish i had got into the sport earlier. heres to next season and bigger scores. jeff
    peace out

Chats: 256

Quote Originally Posted by britjeff View Post
    just finished the season , and if i do say so myself i didnt do too bad. me and my doubles patner , we finished third. might not sound great, but as a player who has only been playing ten months, let me tell you i am well chuffed. gone from thinking 120 was great to a best of 232 and being dissapointed with 170. didnt managed to hit my goal of a 150 average only got to 135. but still well happy. goals for next season. 150 average and learn to hook a ball( getting a new ball next week and having it finger tip drilled). all in all i have loved my first year playing and wish i had got into the sport earlier. heres to next season and bigger scores. jeff
    peace out
    Congrats on your season. Here's to achieving your goals next season.

For those that don't know what "Well chuffed" means very pleased. Little bit of brit slang for you lot!
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

cheers vedub, dont know what would non offensive in american slang. should be fun learning finger tip style. i will have that 150 though. might have a giggle and try two handed. mind you still havent mastered one handed.

Chats: 32

Well bloody great old chap. Lol. Really congrats hope you had a great time
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

thanks a load, really enjoyed it and looking forward to next season. getting a new ball nextweek, fingertip drilled and hopefully learn to hook it. bring it on. lol cant wait

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by britjeff View Post
    gone from thinking 120 was great to a best of 232 and being dissapointed with 170.
    Lifes about expectations. I don't think a 150-170 average is out of the question for next season. Of matter of fact, I'd be surprised if you don't reach that goal next season.