Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally expanding my arsenal

Chats: 0

I bought an Uproar this year to ball down to when conditions changed. I'm loving it right now and will like it even more once it gets more games on it and takes a bit. It hooks quite a bit right now but I can control it. I typically start with a Totally Defiant in one particular house and will ball down to the uproar. It has been a great combo for this house so far. There have been a few nights when it wasn't ideal, depending on where the rest of the guys are playing.

good ball , let us know how it works out 4 u

Quote Originally Posted by AlexNC View Post
    Ordered a Storm IQ Tour from my local proshop after going back and forth. The IQ Tour also happened to be what the Storm Matchmaker lined me up with. Looking forward to having some fun with it. Gonna go ahead and have my fit/span checked at the same time, as I have been having some hand pain and skin irritation & swelling on the outside of my thumb at the joint (on the side - not the top). I had the thumb oval opened side to side a little bit last week, but it still seems like most of snugness on my thumbhole is coming from the sides and not top to bottom. I also know that a span that is a little short could cause this issue, but I will have my PSO have a look.
    Nice ball, I play with several guys that love this ball!

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Glad you like it. The IQ Tour Edition was one of my favorite balls. I got my Tour, Uproar and a few others used. Won two here and one at the center's raffle. For awhile I stopped buying new due to disappointment. Then I learned how to interpret the specs and found a PSO that would GUARANTEE I loved a ball or he would drill up a different one for FREE. That's how my relationship with PBA50 pro Bob Kelly began at Golden Approach pro shop inside Capri Lanes in Kettering, Ohio

Since going to Bob I not only have learned even more about balls, layouts, drilling but have met a lot of good people in the industry either through Bob or Shannon.
    Since February I purchased from him a Motiv Venom Shock, Motiv Octane, Motiv Venom Panic, Motiv Covert Revolt and Motiv Tag. Bought an Ebonite Cyclone online that we drilled RICO.
    The Revolt I picked up and bowled our State tourney at his center. Out of the box and cashed. Is now my all time favorite ball.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Chats: 0

My IQ Tour finally came in and I got it drilled yesterday. I ised it in league last night. Very clean and seamed to have some much energy left for the backend. Drilled pin-up (between middle and ring). Also had my span adjusted longer which was much more comfortable and ended up giving me more revs. I didnt have my other equipment plugged/redrilled to match as I wanted to see how I liked this fit first. I missed my plastic ball terribly. I was missing my right side spares all night. Tried to flatten out and break my wrist with the IQ, but I have grown accustomed to the plastic. I tried to throw it a couple of times, but after using the new span on the IQ, I couldn't help but squeeze on the shorter span of the plastic and couldn't get comfortable. I have a fem small changes I want my PSO to make to my slug and perhaps go up a size on the inserts in the new ball - but after I get things just right I'm gonna get my other stuff plugged and drilled to match. Either way, loved what I was getting from the IQ - should be a great ball for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12