Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LANE #1 calls it quits!

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Default LANE #1 calls it quits!

Posted on Facebook by Lane #1:

"Hello Sawheads and all past Lane #1 customers. I've come here to announce, to many of you's dismay (and some elated), that on our 25th Anniversary month, Lane #1 will officially be shutting down for a while, until new blood steps up to continue the brand, as it's time to pass the torch.

It's been a wonderful 25 years, with the pleasure of seeing so many bowlers bowl their first 300 game, first 800 series, highest series, first tournament win, increase their average by over 20 pins, winning the most money, first average over 200, etc., etc... All the success stories over the years is what put and/or kept a smile on my face, making me strive to bring better products to the bowling industry.

I want you all to know that I enjoyed every minute giving you all advice on drilling layouts and/or ball recommendations, but the time has come for me to move on to bigger and better things in life, as the bowling industry has left me out to dry, so to speak.

So with all that said, I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas, a Happy Holiday season and let's all pray that someone steps up to the plate to keep Lane #1 going strong into the future.

In the meantime, I'll be working on opening up Club 11, next to Strike n Spare lanes, home of this years Bowlers Journal tournament at the USBC Nationals here in Syracuse, so please stop in and say hello if you're coming into town..? Ciao for now..."

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 4

And yet another one bites the dust, sad to hear even
    though I've never used any of their stuff.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Cranker
    Chats: 0

I know I haven't been bowling that long but I've never even heard of them.

Chats: 2

Quote Originally Posted by JasonNJ View Post
    That's partially due to the fact that you couldn't use them in the PBA because the PBA has some really weird sanctioning issues. Basically, you have to buy into the PBA. If you look at the PWBA and what they can use vs the PBA, it's quite astonishing. PWBA can wear apparel from about 4 manufactures, while the PBA is only allowed to use High5gear. The only time you can wear something different is when it is a USBC event (masters, US Open), in which you just have to have your name on it. Same thing with bowling balls, you can only use the big time brands (storm/RG, Brunswick, Motiv, EBI products) on the PBA, where as at a USBC event, you can use anything that is USBC approved. I'm sure that Chad Murphy will put a stop to that before he either resigns or the USBC gets overthrown. As much as I love bowling, I wish it would go back to the days of YABA, ABC and WIBC. All USBC has done for bowlers is take from them and give nothing in return. Hell, even the National Bowling Stadium in Reno doesn't belong to the bowlers (believe it or not, we actually RENT it). I could rant on and on about how the USBC is killing bowling, but I don't have that much time today.
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Lane #1 was/is basically just a regional company back in the day, like seismic bowling balls. You only seen Lane #1 balls being used in certain areas mostly or at tournaments.

They were Pba registered at one time, but dropped it mid season 2009 because they didn't have the money to stay registered.

You can read what Richie Sposato the owner said here:
    http://www.lane1bowling.com/forum1/s...d.php?tid=2820

After that they just started sinking, (Balls that can't be used in PBA events and not seen on TV, Don't get on the shelf and get bought.)

They've been basically out of business for a couple of years now and have just been selling off old stock (like the $300 Diff. ball).

Richie Sposato has been trying to get someone to buy the company, But none of the evil, short sighted big companies want to pay the premium price tag he has on the company (The price is so high Mostly Because Lane#1 balls use the fantastic Diamond core he invented years ago and no other core can match it and he owns the patent on it).
    Last edited by bowl1820; 12-14-2017 at 07:14 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

Chats: 32

They haven't had a real plan for going forward for about ten years. In my opinion their original sales plan was very nearly a pyramid scheme.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Cranker
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    (The price is so high Mostly Because Lane#1 balls use the fantastic Diamond core he invented years ago and no other core can match it and he owns the patent on it).
    Ok now I'm intrigued. Why was the diamond core so good?

Chats: 32

Because Richie said so. LOL.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Lane #1 selling point was:

" The Diamond Core. The core of the ball is a patented diamond shape (and variations thereof) which is proven by Dr. Joe Howard's Salsbury University Physics Report, to generate 20% more inertia/force than any other shape. By eliminating wasted material this dynamically shaped weight block rotates faster and longer giving bowlers more strikes and higher scores. Amazing."

Now there's nothing wrong with Lane#1 balls, back in the day the Diamond core was a great core. (Which Richie was more than willing to tell everybody.)

Other companies were interested in using the core back then I believe, But He wanted $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for it (and still does). The other companies said forget that and developed their own.

Richie still says it's the best core design ever, all the other companies are still lagging behind his technology. Like the Gravity balance system (Which he'll sell you) which uses static weights to improve ball motion to it's best .

You have to read his posts, were talks about being the Roger Penski of ball engineering, all the big companies are out to ruin him etc. it's everyone else's fault that Lane #1 isn't on top of the bowling industry.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 12-16-2017 at 10:48 AM.

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Because Richie said so. LOL.
    Yeah...like every other bowling ball company.

Except Motiv...their balls are awesome because they are likely illegal.

I saw someone throw a Lane #1 Diff. and I loved the movement he got with that ball. It was #1 on my wish list in terms of balls I'd like to add to the closet of destiny...BUT...there's NO WAY I'd pay $300 for a bowling ball. I think I paid about $250 a couple times when you factor in drilling and inserts and everything...but $300 just for the ball!??? No way.

Like I've said before...A company MUST find a way to register their equipment with the PBA in order to be successful in this industry. Probably not something Pyramid wants to hear...but there's just such a very small market for equipment (especially balls) that aren't PBA registered...and they hard to market. Even if a brand IS PBA registered...like Track and Ebonite...it's still really hard to get traction with a given brand. To get traction with a brand WITHOUT a PBA presence....especially with balls in particular...almost impossible.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 185; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast