Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Timmyb's Scores

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Went open bowling with my brother today (Castle Lanes in Racine). Desk jockey lied and said the lanes had been oiled. NOT! Took a game and a half to figure out what to do, as everything in my bag moved the instant it hit the lane. Finally moved all the way over to first arrow left, and threw over just right of center arrow. 147/182/224--553.

The kicker to all of this is that for the first time in probably over 25 years, I threw the last two games without a wrist brace on. No drop in speed, although it looked like my revs suffered a little bit, maybe 25 revs. Most importantly, NO PAIN! I am going to try this next Tuesday in league. I would assume as my wrist gets a little strength back, my revs will come back up. I'm not sure why there was no pain, though, because that was the reason I started wearing one years ago. We'll see.
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-300; high series-739

Pin Crusher

No score tonight. Went to throw my second ball, and something popped in my right hip, and I literally fell on the approach. Not really sure what happened, but it hurt like hell. This getting old s**t is not pretty.....

Well, actually there is a score. They took my average, minus 20 pins, so 186 x 3 = 558. Gonna sit for a few days, and pray to God this isn't anything serious.
    Last edited by Timmyb; 01-06-2016 at 12:23 AM.
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyb View Post
    No score tonight. Went to throw my second ball, and something popped in my right hip, and I literally fell on the approach. Not really sure what happened, but it hurt like hell. This getting old s**t is not pretty.....

Well, actually there is a score. They took my average, minus 20 pins, so 186 x 3 = 558. Gonna sit for a few days, and pray to God this isn't anything serious.
    Good luck to you.

Isn't that how it always goes...you're feeling good about something (the wrist) and then something else (the hip) acts up. Hopefully its nothing too bad and you're back to pounding the pocket soon!

Pin Crusher

Quote Originally Posted by shadd View Post
    Isn't that how it always goes...you're feeling good about something (the wrist) and then something else (the hip) acts up. Hopefully its nothing too bad and you're back to pounding the pocket soon!
    Oh, it's that bad, but not the hip. What I wasn't paying attention to is that when I went down, I must have turned my ankle. According to the the doctor, I now have a full-blown high ankle sprain. Always heard about that watching football, but until you have one, you have no idea how painful it is. Right now, they're putting me out for 2-3 weeks. As far as the wrist goes, I put it back on after 2 or 3 shots. could feel a little tugging, so figured I'd be proactive about it. Hey, at least that's still okay!

Pin Crusher

I'm back! Went out to give the ankle a test. First shot hurt like hell, but calmed down quickly. After that, it was just adjusting to a different house, coupled with slicing open the side of my ring finger yesterday. Threw the new ball for three frames, but it definitely didn't fit the conditions. Ran it out the end with the IQ, five in a row. A better than expected 166 game, and that was with 4 opens (2 tens, a 2-4-10. and a 2-8-10).

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyb View Post
    I'm back! Went out to give the ankle a test. First shot hurt like hell, but calmed down quickly. After that, it was just adjusting to a different house, coupled with slicing open the side of my ring finger yesterday. Threw the new ball for three frames, but it definitely didn't fit the conditions. Ran it out the end with the IQ, five in a row. A better than expected 166 game, and that was with 4 opens (2 tens, a 2-4-10. and a 2-8-10).
    Good to hear that the ankle wasn't as serious as it could have been, I am right there with you on the getting old is h*ll.
    What is the new ball ? Melee Hook ? The IQ's are some nice balls.

Pin Crusher

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Good to hear that the ankle wasn't as serious as it could have been, I am right there with you on the getting old is h*ll.
    What is the new ball ? Melee Hook ? The IQ's are some nice balls.
    It is a Hook. Tried it tonight in practice, but you could see it burning up quickly. Will go to a polished surface. It should fall nicely between my Nano and my Jab.

Pin Crusher

Finally back! Took my hip and ankle on it's maiden voyage tonight. No problems with either. Major problems with my timing, which I guess I should've expected after missing two weeks. 179/194/215--588. would've liked better, but could've been worse. The Nano now has a polished surface, and hits like a truck. Was starting to get away from me in the third game, so moved in and played the oil. One shot left a ringing 9 pin that could be heard across town. If I got one out, though, there was hell to pay. A week off should do my ankle well. Still a little wobbly.

That's a pretty good night back and hopefully without any aggravation of the injuries, you might not find out until the morning.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast