Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Timmyb's Scores

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Second practice session. 229/216/225--670. No spot bowling today, used only arrows. Starting to get more comfortable with this. Still a little off balance on a few shots, but pulled it in at release. Tried the Storm glove today. Gave me a little relief with finger pain, but it's still there. Noticed better lift and turn with the glove as well. Still managed to have one open each game, which is getting irritating.
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-300; high series-739

Pin Crusher

Practice. 186/224/232--642. Burnt up lanes at Classic Oak Creek, but held a line. Just took a bit to figure out. Last game clean, for once. Took the girlfriend with. We have some work to do......
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.

Did you have oval inserts in the Nano previously? What do you have for the fight?

Pin Crusher

Quote Originally Posted by bnaidicz13 View Post
    Did you have oval inserts in the Nano previously? What do you have for the fight?

I had a "wedge" style insert, and then went to a "power oval". Both tore up my middle finger. As of tonight, all my equipment is just drilled, no inserts. I shot the Fight and the Tank tonight for one game just to check fit. Felt good, but was on a fresh THS, so not much finish on the Fight. The Tank is going to make a damn fine spare/dry lane ball!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyb View Post
    I had a "wedge" style insert, and then went to a "power oval". Both tore up my middle finger. As of tonight, all my equipment is just drilled, no inserts. I shot the Fight and the Tank tonight for one game just to check fit. Felt good, but was on a fresh THS, so not much finish on the Fight. The Tank is going to make a damn fine spare/dry lane ball!
    Where are you playing the fight. I've found that on fresh THS at Castle in Racine I've been able to play anywhere 1st to 3rd arrow depending on speed

Pin Crusher

Quote Originally Posted by bnaidicz13 View Post
    Where are you playing the fight. I've found that on fresh THS at Castle in Racine I've been able to play anywhere 1st to 3rd arrow depending on speed

I shot three on Sunday at Classic Oak Creek. It was a burned up shot from Saturday night, but not completely gone, so the Fight did pretty well compared to the Nano. I've used both at Castle, but the lanes were really bad, so I was waaaaay left and just heaving either ball to not cross over. The Lanes on 20 had a pretty good Saturday shot after juniors, and I was able to stand second all day with the Fight. During the summer it's a crap shoot around here to find anything with a decent shot. Classic Oak Creek has been pretty consistent.

Pin Crusher

Been a few weeks, so I got in some practice today. 181/187/218 = 586. Still working on my move from dots to arrows. Tried to incorporate a little higher backswing today, with mixed results. Did good with it for the most part, but got way off balance a couple of time. Hit my marks today way better than at any time since the switch. lanes were good, but the approaches were horrid. I now need to figure out how to get the glitter, and whatever other crap was out there, off the bottom of my shoes. Some of it is literally embedded in my slide heel. Will not be bowling at this house again, if they can't do some basic cleaning in the morning.

Pin Crusher

Sunday practice. 179/246/177 = 602. Not sure where that second game came from, because I couldn't find my a** with both hands the other two games. Lanes almost behaved like a sport shot. miss a little one way or the other, and it was not going to find the pocket.
    Last edited by Timmyb; 07-13-2016 at 06:35 PM.

Pin Crusher

Saturday open bowl. 177/164/223=564. I have official given up on the idea of switching from dots to arrows. 40+ years of doing it the same way is too hard to break. It seemed like I was getting somewhere, but the past two outings has had me shotgun bowling. I find myself looking off at the last second at times, and that leads to some pretty errant shots. I tried to stick with it the first two games, but you can see what happened when I switched back in the third game. I will just work on my consistency from here on out. I've noticed a few issues with my footwork that need addressing right away.

Pin Crusher

Sunday open bowl. 192/173/206 = 571. Not one of my stellar days. 8 opens all day. The 206 game had 8 strikes, so that'll tell you how important picking up your spares is. Trying opening up my hand a bit more. I've always tucked my pinky in, but today left it out. Visible change in revs and power through the pocket. This might be a keeper!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567