Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New ball.........finally

Default New ball.........finally

So I just purchased my first "real ball", Game Breaker 2 Gold. No longer trying to hook my plastic ball

Check out that drilling, lefty AND thumb less bowler (kept the thumb for spares).............its unique lol

In my bag........15lbs Ebonite Pivot Master (overseas), Ebonite The One Boss (overseas), Ebonite Verdict, Ebonite GameBreaker 2 Gold
    Lefty, Rev Rate 370, Speed 17mph

Nice looking ball !

FWIW
    I'm not sure if the rules are still the same or if your PSO told you, if you are throwing thumb-less the ball would have 2 balance holes and be Illegal. This was as of USBC may 2014

http://www.bowl.com/News/NewsDetails...id=23622321723

I am certainly not an expert on rules, but if you plan to bowl in competition it might be good to check it out, it might also apply to leagues but not sure if it does or if anyone would ever call you on it ....

interesting.....I'll look into that.

I asked for them to drill the thumb so it would make it easy for my to use it for spares and in the event that I try to bowl with my thumb.

I wonder if a IT slug would be an easy fix.
    In my bag........15lbs Ebonite Pivot Master (overseas), Ebonite The One Boss (overseas), Ebonite Verdict, Ebonite GameBreaker 2 Gold
    Lefty, Rev Rate 370, Speed 17mph

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Gutternut View Post
    interesting.....I'll look into that.

I asked for them to drill the thumb so it would make it easy for my to use it for spares and in the event that I try to bowl with my thumb.

I wonder if a IT slug would be an easy fix.
    Maybe I'm an idiot here but how would an IT Slug fix the problem of having to many holes in the ball? Do they make a solid slug?
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

That's what I meant. Adding an IT so I can use a blank slug. Idk lol

Someone with a more in-depth knowledge of the rules might know the answer but I would guess you would have to plug the balance hole to make the ball comply with the rules, using a removable insert would make it too easy to play with the rule and that's why they came out and specified this rule in the first place.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Gutternut View Post
    That's what I meant. Adding an IT so I can use a blank slug. Idk lol
    Nope thats illegal too!

USBC Drilling Specifications:
    2. One hole for balance purposes not to exceed 11⁄4 inches in diameter. This hole may not exceed 11⁄4 inches at any point through the depth of the hole. (Slugs and tape will be allowed, however interchangeable devices are not allowed)

As the ball sits, if you bowl thumbless its illegal. So you'd have to plug one hole or the other.

Also if you plug the "thumbhole" you'd have to check static weights from the new grip center (between the fingerholes) and if they are off change the weight hole.

or if you plug the "weight hole" you'd have to check static weights then too and make change if they are off.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 11-06-2015 at 05:28 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Do they make a solid slug?
    Slugs are solid to begin with you have drill the hole in them.
    you just make a new insert like you normally would and just not drill a hole in the slug, the problems are . If it fits good and and flush it could be hard to remove, if theres a void below the slug it would be illegal because of that too.

Now If you could legally do it, you could have a adjustable weight hole. By having slugs with differing size holes in them.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 11-07-2015 at 09:57 AM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

I'm drilling one of these today but mine will be legal
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    Slugs are solid to begin with you have drill the hole in them.
    you just make a new insert like you normally would and just not drill a hole in the slug, the problems are . If it fits good and and flush it could be hard to remove, if theres a void below the slug it would be illegal because of that too.

Now If you could legally do it, you could have a adjustable weight hole. By having slugs with differing size holes in them.
    If USBC really was serious about the "No Void" rule, then every ball with a Vise IT would be declared illegal.

The process of installing the Ball It causes there to be a void below the Ball It.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast