Thread: Bowling while not feeling my best....

Chats: 0

Default Bowling while not feeling my best....

Had a nasty bout of food poisoning yesterday night. I was throwing up from 11:30 pm until 2 am. Crawled into bed for 3 hours, got up and worked 11 hours. Never ate all day because my stomach was so sore. Came home, ate a can of bland soup and changed clothes and went to my league night.
    I started game one strangely. 9 spare, GUTTERBALL, 7. So sitting 17 in the second frame. Great start. Throw the next 8 in a row and finish with a 233. Second game start out strike, spare, another 8 bagged, finish 268. Cap it with a 225 with two opens for a 726.
    I still feel lousy, but I'll take the 700 series! I am avoiding Subway subs for a while though.

Nice 700 series
    Hammer Purple Urethane. Storm Surge Hybrid, Storm Pitch Purple, Roto Grip Hyper Cell.
    2 Storm Surge Pearl 4x4x2 and a no flare, ,Roto Grip Hot Cell, Roto Grip Haywire.
    2020/2021, Hi Average 219, Hi Game 289, Hi Series 771, 30 Clean 4, 700 Series 16.
    2021/2022, Hi Average 211, Hi Game 256 Hi Series 693, 30 Clean 0, 700 Series 0.
    Proud member of Bowlingboards.com Since 2013.

Pin Crusher

[QUOTE I am avoiding Subway subs for a while though.[/QUOTE]

Never liked them in the first place! Nice series, though.
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-300; high series-739

Never had a problem before that night. I survived and still bowled well. My wife wanted me to stay home. Glad I didn't listen. That's my highest series of the season, and second 700+.

I too have bowled while not feeling well (actually spending time in front of the porcelain basin throwing up) and bowled better than when I was feeling well. My son said I should do it more often. Not really inclined to do that. Great series. Hope you are feeling better and can do as well again soon.

Luckily, one bowler from each team was missing this kept the shot from drying out and I didn't have to wheel it all night. My gut wouldn't allow for faster than 16 mph

Hope you feel better. Nice series. Being sick had you do something you normally don't do. Maybe slower or less forceful on your shots.