Thread: WTB Vise IT Supplies and Pro Sect

Arrow WTB Vise IT Supplies and Pro Sect

Does anybody have a Turbo 2-N-1 pro sect or an insertion tool and drill bit for a 1 3/8 IT thumb slug.
    PauL757

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by PauL757 View Post
    Does anybody have a Turbo 2-N-1 pro sect or an insertion tool and drill bit for a 1 3/8 IT thumb slug.
    To drill a Vise IT, you really need the Ferrari jig ball, and the proper sized adapters for it.

The adapter has a notch that fits into the groove of the slug which eliminates any rotational pressure that you get while trying to drill while installed in the ball.

If you install the IT un-drilled slug, then try to drill it, the threaded area at the bottom is likely to break.

Also the Ferrari jig allows for much easier drilling of oval thumbholes.

I also used the Ferrari jig to drill oval thumbholes in non-IT slugs that were going to be glued into the ball.

If you have any kind of quarter scale, you can do the angles with a a few extra lines, and a little bit of math.

I just need the drill bit for the hole in the ball I already have thumb slugs made for myself.
    PauL757

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by PauL757 View Post
    I just need the drill bit for the hole in the ball I already have thumb slugs made for myself.
    The drill bit for a 1 3/8" slug would be 1 7/16"

But there is a specific depth you need to drill the hole.

Then you also need to drill a 1/2" hole 1" deeper that the depth of the 1 7/16

You need to glue the Ball It into place, making sure your have it rotated into the correct position.

Then tap the little wedge piece in place to make it secure.

Finally you need to glue in the little 1/32" thick sleeve at the top of the ball.

1 7/16" od, 1 3/8" id sleeve, about 1/2" tall.

All of the tools to make that easier come with the complete kit.

Actually I don't think you can do an acceptable job without a few tools from Vise.