Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shadd's Scores

Nice start back, it's like you never left !

1st day of the 2nd half work league started today...definitely happy to get back to bowling regularly, even if it is only 2 games a week.

29JAN15
    Game 1:222
    9/ 7/ 9/ X X X 9/ X X 8/9

Game 2: 200
    7S2 X X 9/ 8/ 7/ X X X 9-

A little like the practice games from a couple weeks ago...not great, not bad (aside from the 10th of the 2nd game, my buddy was at 222 and I needed to strike out for a 223, missed the 1st strike and totally spaced the conversion...not happy about that).

Hit the head pin at 100% overall.

Missed the pocket only 3 times, just a little off on my targeting so a few too many "inefficient" pocket hits. Hopefully getting back to bowling consistently will clean that up a bit.

I'm happy with the clean game and the spare shooting, I think I'm making progress with using my XS as my spare ball by taking the hand wrist out of the ball. Definitely not opposed to getting a plastic ball for spares, I'll keep monitoring my spare game and reevaluate at a later date.

I've given myself a goal of minimum 200 games and make sure I throw clean games, I know this won't happen all the time but it has turned into my focus for the time being. I figure if I keep hitting 200+, I'll fall into to a good score every once and a while haha...I see a lot of 170-185 guys throwing 300s, so there's hope haha.

There's an ABT event a little over an hour away on 13FEB that I'm thinking of entering. I'm still waiting on the Critical that I won ~3 weeks ago (any previous winners have insight on delivery times?), so I may be going with a single strike ball.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.
    Roto Grip Critical ball give away winner (04JAN16-10JAN16)

05FEB16
    Game 1: 211
    X X X X X 9- 9/ 9/ 9- XS61
    Missed a 10 in the 6th and 4 in the 9th. Big 4 the second ball in the 10th and picked up the 10 pin. Very disappointed with that score after the front 5.

Game 2: 193
    9/ 9/ X 8/ 9/ X X 9/ X 8-
    Missed the 6-10 in the 10th costing me the clean and 200 game...Very disappointed with this as well.

I was all over the pocket all day, my scores just didn't match up.

I was 70% on makeable spares so I didn't lose much on that front.

Can't wait to get back out next week to try and stay 200+ and clean.

12FEB13
    Game 1: 189
    X9-9-XX9/XX63XX9
    7 strikes and I couldn't break 190...wow! All 4 9s were ringing 10 pins, no adjustment was really working. I really can't wait for the Critical I won 4-5 weeks ago to come in so I can ball up/down during stretches like this. My 10 pin shooting during warm-ups was 5/6 so being 1/3 is pretty frustrating. Fighting the 10 pins, I over-adjusted in the 9th and left a 1-2-4-10. Really close to being really good for this game.

Game 2: 189
    8/9/9/9/XX7/X8S8/9
    Only 3 strikes but shot the same score as the game with 7 haha. Last game was the 10 pin, this game was a 4 pin game. Again, my adjustments really weren't working. My spare shooting was on point until losing the clean game in the 9th with the 2-10, for what's it's worth I was very close to converting.

Throughout the 2 games, I adjusted ~12" front and back, ~5 boards left and right, and moved my target 4 boards left and right...just couldn't quite achieve the carry I was chasing. I thought about ball-switching back to my old XS to play a different line, but the pathogen was "looking good" hitting so hard all day I just couldn't bring myself to move from it. Take home message...there's always next week!!! Haha

My phone quit taking a charge and needed to be replaced so I wasn't able to track frame-frame for today's games.

19FEB16
    Game 1: 185
    Another 7 strike game without hitting 200 (or even 190). 2 opens, 6-7-10 early-ish and missed the 3 of the 3-10 in the 9th (did the same thing another time...hitting the 10, good, missing the spare, not so much).

Game 2: 178
    Yet another 7 strike game without hitting 200 (or even 190, or 180). More splits in this game and 4 opens, I think.

Struck out the 10th in the 1st and 2nd game (CLUTCH haha) after opening both 9th frames (so not CLUTCH haha).

It took me a while to figure out there was about 8-10 boards of OB where if I got it on it there I had very little consistency with ball motion. I made a big move left, both feet and target to avoid going right. It was both frustrating and fun at the same time, I really like the challenge of trying to figure out what can work on particular conditoins. Another day living right around the pocket, just need to "get my stuff together" a little more to get back to scoring.

I was 100% on single pin spares, I started shooting 10s, 6s, 9s (and the related combos) without my ring finger in the ball, I had really good control and think I will continue to play with that.

The Critical came in yesterday after a little mix up with Roto Grip...this thing looks amazing, I need to find time to get it drilled now! I'm going out of town next week so I might have to wait until 2 weeks from tomorrow to get it drilled.

26FEB16
    Game 1: 242
    X 9/ X X X 7/ X X X X7S1
    A little light in the 2nd (4 pin), a lot light in the 6th (missed pocket but picked up the 1-2-10!). Back on track with a clean/200 game!!!

Game 2: 164
    9/ 53 63 8- 9/ X X 8S- 9/ XXX
    A couple wash-outs in 2 and 3, stuck on the 5-9 in the 4th, and left the 4-6 in the 8th. Physical game kinda fell apart...missed my Mark a couple of times and lacked my normal hand/wrist on a couple shots.

I was 4-4 on single pins (and 5-5 on 10 pins in practice, -ring finger), I'm pretty pleased with that!

I needed to strikeout in the 10th for the W...we won that game by 4 pins. Glad I could rely on the mental game to carry the struggle of the physical game! Back in 1st by a point!

Missed last week and I sure felt a little rusty today. Especially since during warm-ups I couldn't find a line to save my life haha. We were on the far right end of the house so I'm not sure if those lanes play a little different or my game was a little off from missing last week.

11MAR16
    Game 1: 187
    8- 8/ 7/ X X X 72 X 9/ 7/X
    Missed the 1-2 in the 1st (obviously still hadn't found a line by the start of the game haha) and left the 10 of the 1-2-10 in the 7th.

Game2:189
    9- X X 8S/ 9/ X X X 8- 63
    Missed the 10 in the 1st and totally blew the 9th and 10th. Screwing up those frames really kept me from posting a respectable score.

2/3 on single pins (all 3were 10s) and 5 opens, 4 of which were makable. The 1-2-10 was the only real messy frame, which in all honesty that conversion really isn't all that difficult. All in all, not good, not bad...just kinda meh. We won all games and are still in 1st!

I'm going tomorrow morning to get the Critical drilled...waaaaay excited about that! I'm going to try and get a couple practice games in on Monday during my lunch.

Got the Critical drilled on Saturday! Had a little time to head over to the lanes on my lunch for a couple practice games.

14MAR16
    Game 1: 181
    9- 9/ X 9/ 8/ 9/ X X 9- 9/8
    Both opens were 10 pins, 1/3 10 pin conversions this game. Around the pocket, just not flush...finding my way around the ball.

Game 2: 225
    9/ X X 7/ X X X 9/ 9/ X9/
    Messiest frame of the day in the 4th with a 1-2-8, can't complain about that! 1/1 on 10 pins this game. Kinda found my way around the ball a bit better this game! Clean, and 200+!!!

The Critical wasn't hitting as hard today as my Pathogen does, wasn't sure if it was the conditions or the ball...a little concerned about that. I was able to score better than I did when I first started throwing the pathogen, so that is easing my concern a little.

The PSO drilled the Critical pin above the ring finger and he drilled my Pathogen pin below the ring finger, not sure if that, the surface, or the conditions were causing the difference in "hitting" power. It seemed as though I was a bit more consistent with the Critical than I have been over the past couple weeks with the pathogen. As long as I can score, I don't really care about dump-trucking the rack!

Can't wait to throw the Critical again on Friday!!!

Chats: 32

The Critical is not a dry lane ball. If your lanes are anything like our on Saturday that was some good bowling.

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    The Critical is not a dry lane ball. If your lanes are anything like our on Saturday that was some good bowling.
    With it being around noon on a Monday, it's definitely within the possibility that they weren't oiled since before Sunday night leagues. I don't think I'd say they were dry, maybe more like "patchy". The sample size was a little too small to call it good bowling haha, but thank you for the kind words Amyers!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast