Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gummed up ball returned!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    RE: PTNOMORE
    Sounds like a horrible situation, speaking as a non expert on bowling equipment but with a high level of experience on all sorts of other equipment, there's no doubt it wasn't originally designed to do that so there are probably things they can do , but don't want to because of cost or other reasons. If there were alternative bowling centers people would leave and they would have to do something, so I'm guessing there are not many options for the bowlers.
    There are other options, sort of. There are other houses, one is smaller w older synthetics, not very well maintained and the locals there that form the leagues can be a bit out of hand for alot of folks that I bowl with (older, close to retirement, if not retired). The other one is another 20 minutes up the road, closer for a few, but much farther away for most making it difficult to get to by start time, as well as not being very well designed. Lugging your equipment up a flight of stairs is not fun...a FULL flight, not just 5 or 6 steps...especially if you typically bring 3, 4, or more balls with you like so many in some of these leagues do.

This house has spent quite a bit of money in the last couple of years. 2 years ago it was a brand new AC system and the Accelerators. This past summer they installed the synthetic lanes. It's a pretty nice house. Consistency is getting better, play wise, but balls are still getting damaged, and the tar on the balls is pretty bad.

We lost a few teams last year that opted to move to another house to start their own league, but they came back this year.

I guess it's something that we have to put up with.

Jessiewoodard, and yes, we've been seeing the finger inserts flying out of the holes this year, more so than usual...no doubt due to the acetone being used to clean the balls.

I won't use Acetone on my equipment. Never did. I just know what it can do to the ball long term, not to mention your skin and lungs. I prefer to not have to put on gloves just to clean my ball. A little elbow grease never hurt anyone.

Its' just that even with the acetone, I know that tar stuff is clogging the pores of the balls and increasing the necessary surface maintenance intervals of the balls, which significantly shortens the life of the ball. I see SOOooo many experienced GOOD bowlers now complaining that their equipment just seems to be dieing WAY too early. I'm certain that that tar stuff is what is doing it.
    Current THS Anvilane average 198. High Game: 279 Series: 749
    Current bag: Brunswick Wicked Siege, Hammer Arson Hybrid, Brunswick LT-48, Motiv Sniper

Chats: 0

Also found out this was not new equipment that went in but equipment that was bought from a Air Force Base. The machines had sat unused for 3 years.
    Roto Grip Sinister, Storm 2Fast, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Joy Ride, Storm Phase, Storm Sky Rocket, Storm Mix, 14#equipment..Disabled bowler bowl from a wheel chair.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12