Thread: Practice throwing a deeper line and might have found a new ball

Default Practice throwing a deeper line and might have found a new ball

Today I went out to practice throwing a deeper shot, went to the normal practice place and they were having a kids bowling deal in the dark so went to the next closest place where I had never bowled. The lane markings were different being they had no dot on the approach for the 5 board on either side.
    Threw the first 2 games with the diva divine and shot ok 180's from a bit deeper line and decided to use a ball I bought for dry conditions but rarely use, a DV8 Outcast, the ball is supposed to be for med to dry but it does seem stronger than the rating, I decided to play a more direct line playing in the 15-17 / 10-12 and the ball was reacting nice, had a couple of spares the rest strikes and a 9 at the end to shoot a 258. The ball felt nice and under control. last time I tried the ball was in a pre-bowl a couple of weeks ago and shot a 232 with it. I might have to give it a shot on wed night and see how it feels there...

Chats: 32

Often times I think bowlers gravitate towards more ball than they really need myself sometimes included. The big hook looks sexy but if your putting yourself out of your comfort zone earlier than necessary or not playing the best section of the lane because of it only lowers your potential scores. There are things to be said for keeping the ball in front of you.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

I might have to give it a shot on wed night and see how it feels there...

Probably not a good idea if you are bowling on fresh oil. You don't tell the lanes where you want to play, they tell you! (kinda like wives) lol

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    I might have to give it a shot on wed night and see how it feels there...

Probably not a good idea if you are bowling on fresh oil. You don't tell the lanes where you want to play, they tell you! (kinda like wives) lol
    I will be on fresh oil wed night, but I was also bowling on fresh oil in practice. I was one set over from the doubles scratch league that just finished and one of the guys on my Fri team is in the scratch league and is also the manager of this center. He oiled the whole house just before the scratch league.
    I should have said, I'll throw this ball in practice and see if it looks good to use it wed night. ( i usually don't throw any practice balls with it, it's usually the hy road or sometimes the diva divine that get the call. I see what you mean, lucky my wife is pretty easy going !
    Last edited by Tony; 11-09-2015 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Often times I think bowlers gravitate towards more ball than they really need myself sometimes included. The big hook looks sexy but if your putting yourself out of your comfort zone earlier than necessary or not playing the best section of the lane because of it only lowers your potential scores. There are things to be said for keeping the ball in front of you.
    Yes , I have been paying more attention to some of the higher average guys, and looking at what they are throwing, and where / how they are throwing it. I have noticed a number of the guys who throw similar to me (but better) are playing the line I was today and using lower end balls with great results.

Say what you can do to the lanes, but in the end, the lanes will tell you what you should be dong to it.

Yeah, sounds like my wife

Chats: 55

Quote Originally Posted by fokai73 View Post
    Say what you can do to the lanes, but in the end, the lanes will tell you what you should be dong to it.

Yeah, sounds like my wife
    NOT this wife...I only say, "But why can't we go bowling, AGAIN"
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150