Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First 289/700

Ringer
    Chats: 23

Default First 289/700

Before last night I had only made it to the front 8 before collapsing. Now I have made it to the front 10.
    Left a ringing 10 pin on the 11th shot and picked up the 10 for the 289.

I also got my first 700 and by 700 I mean exactly 700!

We do 3-10 week sessions so last night was our first position round and next week starts session 2.
    Being far enough ahead in 1st we did not even need to show up. So I decided to try and play an outside line up 7 with my Tag just for the heck of it. After 2 opens, a strike, and spare in the first 4 frames I switched to my Shock and rolled out a 214 the first game. Followed by the 289, which had my heart jumping out of my chest...... The 3rd game my shot had gone away, but after a ball change to the Forza and a move in of 2 and 2 left I found something to finish off with a 197 and the exact 700.

All the training and practice has paid off and I have been averaging around 218 through 2 leagues the past 4 weeks. Now I got picked up for a Thursday night league which is much more competitive than my other 2 leagues. This has been what I have been waiting for and can't wait to bowl tougher competition.
    Equipment:
    Motiv: Forza, Forza Redine, Venom Shock, Tag
    Storm: Sky Rocket
    Track 100P Spare Ball

To be drilled: Motiv Jackal

Chats: 32

Congrats Scotty on a nice game and a good set. I've had the front 7 more times than I can count but I never make it past that (high game 267 multiple times). It's great when you can see the hard work pay off.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Nice rolling! Keep it up and you'll get that first 300!!

Ringer
    Chats: 23

Thank you! I was doing alright controlling the heart rate and relaxing between shots. But of course the 10th frame everyone around me stopped and it got quiet. Buried the first shot in the 10th and then ring 10. I hated it being so quiet, but I get that everyone wanted to stay out of my way.

You know you are doing something right when you get a few guys that tell you, that they like watching me bowl. I will take that as a compliment!
    Equipment:
    Motiv: Forza, Forza Redine, Venom Shock, Tag
    Storm: Sky Rocket
    Track 100P Spare Ball

To be drilled: Motiv Jackal

Congrats on your new high scores.

Great bowling!

Chats: 256

Congrats on your latest accomplishments. Many more to come.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Chats: 55

Great bowling...keep it up!!!!
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Great Job!!!
    If this isn't "Honor Roll" worthy, I don't know what is!

Chats: 204

I nominate him as "Bowler of the Week".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast