Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pyramid Men's HPX rebranded Brunswick TPU-X's for a $130?

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Default Pyramid Men's HPX rebranded Brunswick TPU-X's for a $130?

Just seen this today Pyramid Men's HPX Black/Black Right Handed NEW ITEM

http://www.bowlingball.com/products/...-new-item.html

These appear to be Brunswick TPU-X's rebranded with the Pyramid label.

They just don't come with the extra heel and soles or shoe cover. (thus the cheaper price)

Last edited by bowl1820; 11-21-2015 at 10:15 AM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

i thought the same thing when i saw them

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

I haven't seen it, but there is supposed to be Hammer branded ones being shown on Facebook.

The rumor is the license is up for shoes, so they are now private labeling the shoes.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

Ringer
    Chats: 23

What a sneaky marketing ploy. I saw these and just assumed they probably came with the extras that the Brunswicks do.
    Glad I didn't tell anyone to get these instead, so without the extra stuff these are actually more than the TPU-X's
    Equipment:
    Motiv: Forza, Forza Redine, Venom Shock, Tag
    Storm: Sky Rocket
    Track 100P Spare Ball

To be drilled: Motiv Jackal

Chats: 204

I got a pair for Christmas and so far I'm really happy with them. It's a different 'feel' when you're used to standard Dexter bowling shoes and older Lind and Brunswick shoes. They are a lot more sturdy...which I like...helps keep me from falling off my shot.

I wasn't aware that the other brands came with extras. I definitely need to get a shoe cover. I'm wearing my Ebonite slide sock as a shoe cover right now...and thats not going to keep moisture off them. I actually bought additional soles and heels before Christmas; anticipating getting them. I wish I had waited...because I bought some lower-slide roles (S6) and faster braking heel (H2) that I'll probably never use. The (S8) they come with works fine in 67% of the houses I bowl...the (S9) sole I bought works fine for the other 33%. I bought a Storm (S10) for emergency situations where I have to bowl at a Brunswick/AMF/Bowlmor Funzone nonsense house with really sticky approaches.

The more confusing part is the heel. The standard heel that comes with it brakes too much for me. That's why the (H2) I bought is useless. I actually like the (H5 ST)...but recently bought an (H6) and like that even better. My only worry about the (H6) is, I can see those little strips that velcro on the front of the heel...I can see those wearing out fast or starting to peel back. Might end up having to replace that heel more often than a standard heel.

I'll post a more in depth review once I get some solid months into them.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 185; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Chats: 0

I too bought a pair for Christmas and used them last week. These are my first HPX shoes I've owned and so far I'm happy. I don't know much on how to exchange the feel of the other heels and soles, but for now these work for me perfectly at my lane. I do feel though based on the thickness and possible uses I'll get out of them, that the sole (S8) will definitely need replacing before anything else. They do feel amazing and like you're wearing clouds on your feet, with the support of an athletic shoe. They come with Lime green replacement/interchangeable laces (at least mine did, don't know if it's the same for all) and they don't have much eye candy on them, pretty much all black. But I don't know anyone who needs good "looking" shoes to perform, it's all about the feel and results. I'll try to post video/pics with mine from this weeks performance!! Also, I paid only $92 for mine due to holiday specials.
    Last edited by teke527; 01-17-2017 at 10:32 PM.

[IMG] My shoe with green laces. My shoe underside. Brunswick TPU from my alley. Brunswick TPU alt. view.free upload image[/IMG]

First video of shoes.

Yes, I see now what everyone was talking about when it came to rebranding of the Brunswick vs Pyramid. As you can see in the pics above they are very similar. I don't know what all they came with at my alley, probably the same as online order, but as promised here are their looks.
    Last edited by teke527; 01-18-2017 at 12:23 AM.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by teke527 View Post
    So, I have video and pics of my shoes (as promised) but I can't figure out how to load them up. I've done what the FAQ section says, but it still won't work. Please help.
    How to insert a video into your post
    http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads...into-your-post

If it's not a supported format, then just post it as a link to the video.

How to insert a image into your post
    http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads...into-your-post

If it's not a supported format, then just post it as a link to the picture.

Second Video of Pyramid Shoe's in action.

Chats: 1

They're not really any cheaper than the TPU - Xs I bought a pair from BuddiesProshop and it was only 94 dollars.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast