Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Smoke Breaks

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

I smoke and don't hold anybody up. That includes my trios league. If you can't get enough to get by or wait a few hours to have a smoke then pick another hobby.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Chats: 5

My team consist of 4 smokers. We wait between games to get our smokes in... more often than not we wont even fully smoke a cig.

Chats: 10

Today in my Sunday league, we played some smokers, but luckily we were right by the door. They only took a break between games and went right out after their turn in the tenth. No wait. It was great
    In my bag: Roto Grip UFO, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused and Roto Grip Hustle hyb

League High Series: 745 (12/23/19) High Game: 300 (11/23/15)

Proud member of BowlingBoards.com

Chats: 5

Quote Originally Posted by Blomer View Post
    Today in my Sunday league, we played some smokers, but luckily we were right by the door. They only took a break between games and went right out after their turn in the tenth. No wait. It was great
    Thats how we normally go about doing it unless its a nailbiter in the 10th

Chats: 1

I don't smoke, no one on my team smokes. But I do know how the cravings can affect some one that's smokes. As long as they don't hold up the flow of the game I'm good. Only had to say something once. But what drives me crazy is the guys that dip!! Spitting into the trash can behind my head or putting spit cups next to my open top drink. I have moved trash cans away from my seat just to make a point.

Chats: 0

As a one time smoker I do understand why people want/need to have that cig. I brought this up once on a three person team where I was the anchor. At the end of each game the other two - who were smokers - would leave without seeing how the game turned out. I felt I was not getting any support. I asked them about this and told them how I felt. Their response was - we know you will get the strikes we need to win. I was grateful for the confidence but still missed the support.

Chats: 32

I'm a smoker and I only leave usually after the second game and I'm always back and ready to bowl by my turn. See way more of the problem with the senior crowd who wander off to talk then take for ever coming back. I figure smoking is more common in this area so no one really ever complains unless they aren't making it back for their turn.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

When it's their turn, can't you just skip them unt they comeback? That's what we do. Our automatic scorers have a skip function. It's not nearly as big of a delay that way, keeps the game progressing.

We even had one bowler that had an emergency at home late in the 3rd game. We put everyone else on "Skip" and let him bowl out, then we all finished. It worked out fine.
    Current THS Anvilane average 198. High Game: 279 Series: 749
    Current bag: Brunswick Wicked Siege, Hammer Arson Hybrid, Brunswick LT-48, Motiv Sniper

one time in a league i skipped the bowler when he went out to get a smoke and was gone for about 20 minutes. when that person came back he gotten very mad that we had skipped him. i can live w/ some one going to smoke, get a drink, food or what not but just not everyone wants to bowl 3 games that takes 4 plus hours to do so.

Chats: 0

I thought about this thread last night as we were bowling. At the end of each game we did not check with the other team to see if they were ready we just pushed space on both lanes to bring up the next game. They were sitting behind the bowling area and it was not really easy to find them to ask if they were ready. No one on our team smokes while bowling so we just went about the business of bowling. Did not hear any comments from the other team and we were the first ones done last night.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast