yes, if you have a high end ball and use it on light to dry conditions which is not meant for that ball, then using polish to make go long, is not a good option to last. UFO polish and alike don't last long on the balls surface, and you're wasting your time and money.

I bowl second shift broken down conditions and I use my bench mark ball, or medium/light oil ball. I've used "slip" agent polishes like ufo for a long time on mid to entry level balls, including plastic. I bowl on low volume medium to long length, but my low tilt and medium axis rotation - even with my 18.5 mph balls speed, my equipment reads too early and deflections are plenty.

Not everyone like to use polish, or use polish the wrong way on the wrong ball type. But, once bowlers know the importance of surface adjustments, layouts, lane conditions, reading ball motion, and pin action. it'll be beneficial to that bowler.

It's crazy to see how I use $60-$90 dollar balls while the other guys are using $150-$230 balls and bring more than 3 strike balls to leagues and get lost. They plug and redrill, then buy another NIB.... this for several years now at the same house with similar THS patterns....