Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone Golf?

Future PBA Baller
    Chats: 443

Post Golf

Quote Originally Posted by The KingPin View Post
    So golf is fun, but does any here golf?

I spoke to a guy the other day and he told me that it was an old person sport. I was like hmm. What do you all think?
    I Worked on 2 diffrent corses in NY and 2 in fla but never played a game.
    I've Went on the driving range plenty of times but never had the chance to play any holes.
    I bet my short game will stink but I can Slam it 300yrds here and there

Chats: 19

Bowling is an interesting sport, because I've noticed most bowlers don't branch out into too many other sports.

I, happen to LOVE golf. I'm going tomorrow morning, actually. The problem is, in Texas it gets really hot in the summer, so you have to go early (7:30am tee time tomorrow), and we normally only play 9 holes in the summer, unless the temperatures stay cool enough to get 18 in.

It's a very frustrating game for many people, but I've never seen it that way. I don't ever expect to be good at it. I just enjoy the scenery, the camaraderie, the laughs. If you golf with people who are on your level, everyone has fun, you just have to have a good sense of humor.

On an 18 hole course, I can normally shoot somewhere between 93-98 with my lowest round ever being an 87 and my highest round ever being a 130-something.... I try to forget about that round.....

Quote Originally Posted by The KingPin View Post
    I hear you. I hit a house last year and it gets me nervous every time now when I golf.
    The thing about owning a house on a golf course is....: EXPECT IT TO GET HIT!!!! It happens all the time. Don't get discouraged. If you're playing on a course nice enough to have houses on it, then just consider yourself lucky. When we play the country clubs that have houses, sometimes one of us will hit a house too. It happens. SO, we have some fun with it. If you have the balls to go in their yard and play your ball, we let you take 5 strokes off your final score. Fun times!
    Not helping the situation since 1983.

Bowling Average: 180
    Bowling Handicap: Beer
    Bowling Style: Completely Wheels Off
    Righty / Lefty: Righty
    Bowling Balls: Lane #1 Droid (Strike Ball), Storm Crossroad (Strike Ball. I hate the smell...), Hammer No Mercy (Retired Strike Ball. We had a good run. RIP, old friend!), Ebonite Magnum (Spare Ball), Ebonite Maxim (Spare Ball)
    Best Game: 267
    Best Series: 695 (just 5 more pins... I don't wanna talk about it!)

Chats: 0

I enjoy playing golf. I just started last year and have been going to the driving range alot lately. I'm thinking of picking up a R9 driver soon.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

I come from the home of golf but it makes me fall asleep watching it.

Mack Daddy
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

I enjoy playing, but havent this year, and probably wont be able to because I tore the bicep muscle in the left arm.....there's always next year.
    There's always one off center in the rack

Info: AVG 206, Stroker, Righty, Gladiator Pearl, Track The Rising, Hammer Rayzr, Storm Virtual Gravity, Storm Reign, PBA Platinum

Wish List-Hammer Jigsaw

I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

I am going today. I wish my drive was a bit out of the weeds, but it makes for a great day
    Go Broncos!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12