Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Do you own more than 6 balls?

Quote Originally Posted by AngieHall View Post
    I don't know what "NIB" means. I only have 2 balls though. I have a Karma Solid and I have a Pyramid Blueprint. My average has gone down to 118. This is due to rheumatoid arthritis in my thumbs though, as it is difficult to grip right now and I drop the ball a lot.
    NIB means New In Box, basically it's short for new ball. karma is a good ball!

Good luck searching for a solution for your RA. I'm sure there's is one for you so you can bowl and not drop it and/or bowl with pain. I'm 43 and I have OA, my sister was 45 when diagnosed with RA. I had my span redone and I bowl pain free. Plus, I also changed my diet completely..... good luck and good bowling.

I have exactly 6 bowling balls, 2 are 15lb and rarely use them anymore,(Brunswick Fury pearl. Hyper cell skid) of the others 3 are strike balls and one is a spare ball.
    I usually bring 3 balls, 2 strike balls and the spare ball.

Primary strike ball Hy-road 4000 no polish
    Spare ball DV8 black oob

Ball for dry / less hook DV8 outcast oob

Ball for more hook DV8 Diva Divine oob

Next ball will probably be a pearl ball of some type. Possibly a Hy-road Pearl.

Chats: 0

I have 9, of which 3 are still in their dusty boxes awaiting drilling. I just got two Hammerflage 3-ball totes so I can take my 6 drilled balls to league now. All are 16 pounders and all OOB surfaces.
    Black Widow Legend, Brunswick Melee Cross and Platinum Pearl Ringer, DV8 Marauder Mutiny, Thug

and Brunswick Gold Rhino Vintage. I average 208 at a very tough old house with the original wood lanes from 1962.

I own more than 6. As for NIB balls I have
    Cyclone, IQ Tour Fusion, Optimus, Tropical Breeze, and Thug Unruly.
    Cyclone was my first ball and is a locker queen now, in case I want to stop by on my lunch break.
    The IQ Fusion and Optimus were bought as part of a 10 week "buy a ball league" where they were heavily discounted and drilled for free. Tropical Breeze was a birthday gift to fill a need when the lanes are all burnt. The Unruly was the ball of choice for a "Ball upgrade" to the Brunswick Minicamp I attended last year.

I also bought used a Hyroad and Hyroad Pearl as a package deal. I Ebay'd a Marvel Pearl and Marvel S, Used.

My current Arsenal for League is:
    Hyroad, Hyroad Pearl, Marvel Pearl, Marvel S. With a Joey bag carrying either my Optimus or Tropical Breeze
    Spare Ball is in the Locker.

The IQ Tour Fusion is just for Sport Conditions at this point. The Thug Unruly is waiting for a right condition.

The Breeze and Hyroad(s) I bought because there were times the Optimus and Fusion were just too much ball for the lane condition.

The Marvel Pearl I bought because they retired it and I wanted one. It ended up being my favorite ball and I wasn't liking the Thug Unruly for my heavy oil ball so I bought a Marvel S on Ebay.

I average 186 currently... I've been really struggling the last 2 months.
    Last edited by bobforsaken; 12-01-2015 at 05:18 PM.

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by fokai73 View Post
    why?

Are you addicted to NIB's?
    No. Although, I'm as guilty as anyone of an occasional binge buy.

Do you think the next NIB will increase your scores long term?
    Nope. Nothing but the "Gift" can do that.

Because the guy on TV or at your local house averages 225 with it?
    Sometimes I might see a ball in use on the PBA and think I'd like to give it a try. But generally I have no idea what the 215 average bowlers are using. Probably Hyper Cells or really old Storm balls.

And, what is your average?
    See signature.

I'm must curious what you folks on this board have or do?
    I try to create a 4-ball arsenal (+ 1 spare ball) and that's primarily just because I have a 4-ball roller with a joey. But usually I end up with an extra ball somehow. Last year it was me trying my Encounter Project and this year RobM game me one he didn't like. So I'm back to lugging the 2-ball shoulder bag and 4-ball roller.

I actually OWN an additional 5 used/retired balls (would be 7, but two cracked recently). I have 1 old Columbia300 Blue Knight that belonged to my Grandpa that I carry in my trunk just in case I need to bowl somewhere on short notice. And I have...wait for it....wait for it....an additional 9-11 (can't remember) balls that are undrilled/NIB. All of those were purchased at a fairly severe discount...only one of my bowling balls cost more than $79.99 shipped...one of them was free (won it on bowlingboards)...one I did buy on bowlingball.com last year at this time for like $105.99 shipped.

Why? I figure eventually I'll need to retire the current arsenal...might as well buy pieces at a discount...keep em until I need them. So far, none of the undrilled ones have cracked. But I have slowed down my buying frenzy as of late...I was starting to get so many with similar specs where they'd be difficult to put together in a useful way (arsenal-wise)...I thought I'd use up what I can. I also might be moving in 2016 and moving 20 bowling balls is a bit of an annoyance.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 185; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Cranker

I finally got rid of all but 3 that I carry for a THS league, no reason for others.

Carry a primal rage, yeti uncaged, and mix spare - if you're bowling at a single house on THS and carry more than "strong, medium, spare" it is my opinion that you're kidding yourself....

That being said, I battle myself not to buy a new ball every week...it's like red necks and sparkle finish speed boats...I just want em'.....

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by dnhoffman View Post
    That being said, I battle myself not to buy a new ball every week...it's like red necks and sparkle finish speed boats...I just want em'.....
    True dat. Although I'm not a redneck and I've always found sparkle finish amazing.

Also, that may have been the ***est thing I've ever said to date.

My turn...

Second shift league:
    1. medium reactive
    2. urethane
    3. spare ball

210 ave.

NIB: 2009 hy-road (sold 2 other hy-roads) - I love the hy-roads

2 balls in a locker at the alley for a quick practice or side action after work.

Balls in a storage unit: Track Slash, Storm Depth Charge , Brunswick twisted fury, C300 Jazz, Roto Grip Clear tire, Ebonite TurboX and a V2.

Chats: 221

# of balls...... too many lol
    I have a 4r ball arsenal + spare ball I take to league (Protocol,Forza,Cobra se, Wrecker). I also have a locker at the center with a Hook,Long Shot and my Rebel Tank for when we bowl the couple high rev teams and the lanes are torched by the third game. I have a second 4 ball bag set up for the other house I bowl in (2 Covert Revolts,Moxie,Respect)
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast