Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I would 💝 to win 🎳haywire

Perfect Scale means nothing. The other numbers do matter

Chats: 32

A few things on this and I'm done unless we bring something new to light:

1. I think most of us agree the perfect scale is challenged at best worthless at worst.
    2. The point I was trying to make wasn't that the numbers are meaningless just that you have to consider them all and no one number by itself can be used to base an arsenal on.
    3. None of this is a popularity contest for the Haywire. I don't own one don't have any intention to buy one and have a mix of different brands in my household so I'm not a homer for Roto.
    4. At it's OOB surface the Haywire is not a good replacement for the Mastermind Genius with a surface change they could fill a similar spot in your arsenal

Most of all I'm not sure how it's possible what you've taken from all of the posts here is that since their is no one number you can use to build an arsenal just pick you balls by color or smell. I think from what we have talked about here it's shown how important it is to take everything into account RG, Surface, Cover Stock, Desired Ball Motion, Differential, and Oil Handling Ability (probably leaving some stuff out). The importance of surface and maintaining that surface. Can you turn a Track 300a into a Guru? No but can I adjust that ball to act similarly to other balls with somewhat similar RG, Differential, and Cover Strength? Absolutely. In your numbers RG is .02 different, Diff. is .09 different, and Asymmetry is controlled by the drill. So if we believe the covers are close the biggest difference between the balls is surface.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234