Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weekend plans yet?

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Question Weekend plans yet?

So the weekend is almost here, what plans do you have?

I might be going to an RV show even though I will not buy anything. More of a family time away from the house.
    Go Broncos!

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

We both work Saturday, so there's that day. Sunday we listen to Beatle Brunch and do laundry and watch the PBA, then Sunday night is league. Monday is the day we do our shopping and run errands. It's also the day I usually do my LGB thing. If the weather is cooperating we might barbeque. Not exactly the most exciting of weekends, is it?
    Last edited by kev3inp; 02-05-2009 at 05:06 AM. Reason: additional thought

Rock Band 2 Party Saturday evening , Tournament in Kentucky on Sunday.

We usually host 1 time a month. There's about 4 couples that come over and we drink and play. We even attempt singing, I choke the camel when I grab the mic, but it's all fun and games.

We setup a 60" LCD and 7.1 Surround Sound with digital optical from the Xbox - and it sounds great. we even have the stage kit so the lights add that special stage touch. We do record a few sessions to play back and hear the moaning and groaning of our voices, but we still do it again afterwards.
    Visionary Bowling Staff Representative &
    Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Chats: 3

The kids have bowling Sat. morning. Then maybe we'll go ice skating or take in a movie. The rodeo is in town too, so that's a possibility. I'm hoping we get our tax return back soon, so one of these weekends my husband and I can go out car shopping.
    I'm soooo looking forward to getting rid of our 01 hyundai elantra!
    High Game-279
    High Series-733
    Righty, Tweener, I proudly use products from Storm, Etonic, and Robby Revs.

I'm a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Camping this weekend with the Scouts. My youngest will be there for the first time with us so it should be interesting. I will miss League on Saturday, but that's the way it goes. I will be taking over as Scoutmaster in March, for the fifth time in 25 years. This is the first time bothmy sons will be involved at the same time. I am actually getting excited about Scouting again.
    Ted Domey
    Reformed Candle Pin Bowler

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Seamistlark View Post
    Camping this weekend with the Scouts. My youngest will be there for the first time with us so it should be interesting. I will miss League on Saturday, but that's the way it goes. I will be taking over as Scoutmaster in March, for the fifth time in 25 years. This is the first time bothmy sons will be involved at the same time. I am actually getting excited about Scouting again.

I remembed the days of my dad scoutmaster, he really looked forward to it with me, until I told him I was not interested in starting fires using a piece of glass and the sun. But then I took up bowling and it made him feel better, we spent way more time together than we did at scouts. I sure do miss those days sometimes. He passed away last April, at the age of 65, so it has been a quiet year for me. But then again, my coach and good friend as been there for me when I needed. He never goes to funerals or hospitals, but he came to my father's funeral just to support me.

Oddly enough, so did my silent investor partner of my company, I rarely speak to him throughout the year, but he was there too. It really surprised me, but then everyone knew how close I was to my dad. Spend all the time you can with the kids, they will thank you later even if through their teen-age years.
    Visionary Bowling Staff Representative &
    Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

Quote Originally Posted by Seamistlark View Post
    I remember being in Scouts. It was a great time. I hope this cold snap is over by then, unless you guys will be in a cabin. We went in winter once and we went through a shirtload of wood trying to keep warm. At least it won't be snowing for you.

It was 34 down here when I left for work. Good thing I kept my winter coat. I brushed the dust off and stayed warm.

It was 29 degrees here in the Bay area this morning. Should be warmer tomorrow.
    Iceman, my dad passed in May of 07, so I understand what you mean, he was 66. I spend alot of time with my boys so this is just another excuse to be there. My oldest will be driving at the end of the summer so that means he will be around less, not looking forward to that. He is one of my best buds. During the season he goes to League with me about twice a month, and we try to get in a couple games if I finish early.
    Ted Domey
    Reformed Candle Pin Bowler

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Default Weekend

The only big plans I have this weekend are going to my nephew's 4th birthday party celebration at my parents' house.

There will be sledding, snowmobiling and tubing.

It should be fun.

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Rock Band 2 Party Saturday evening , Tournament in Kentucky on Sunday.

We usually host 1 time a month. There's about 4 couples that come over and we drink and play. We even attempt singing, I choke the camel when I grab the mic, but it's all fun and games.

We setup a 60" LCD and 7.1 Surround Sound with digital optical from the Xbox - and it sounds great. we even have the stage kit so the lights add that special stage touch. We do record a few sessions to play back and hear the moaning and groaning of our voices, but we still do it again afterwards.

Wow that sounds like fun. I have the Guitar hero, I wonder if Rock Band is better?
    Go Broncos!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast