Thread: Just finished Fall league

Default Just finished Fall league

Finished with 182 average (14 week season). Winter league starts back up in January. They split up the season because many people don't sign up for Fall league due to football. I hear more teams sign up for Winter.

There was a small grumble when we decided to play Easter Sunday but skip Superbowl Sunday.

This is my second league. First league was in Summer and finished that league with 158 average.

Just started serious bowling January of this year. Aiming for at least 190 for Winter league and a 700 series. We'll see how it goes.

Highest game was 243 with high series of 697.

Strike game has improved. Spare game is off and on. Ten pin is still my nemesis. Some nights I'll miss 5 and others make 75% of them. Other single pin leaves I am usually pretty good about picking them up. Probably 85-90% conversion.

The trick is to not leave splits or washouts. Leave make-able spares.
    Last edited by NewToBowling; 12-14-2015 at 11:21 AM.

Good improvement from one league to the next!

Yeah, but I don't expect to gain 20 pins each season. Frankly first season I was so erratic I'm surprised I had an average that high. This season I was more consistent especially the last month or so. I was bowling 180-190 games. Never too low never too high.

Chats: 1

Good job bumping that pin fall. Keep working at it. Practice games of just spares that you miss will help fix that 10 pin trouble. If your a righty shoot across the lane from the left at 10s that also helps

Yeah at this point its mental

Chats: 0

Sounds like you did well. Our league has two halves, the first ended last week. Out of 16 teams we ended in 14th, but 2nd in total pins. We lost three games by one pin. We seemed to hit every team on the night they got hot. Oh well, there's always next half!

14 teams in our league. We finished 7th

Awesome jump from summer to now! Keep that train rollin'!

We finished our 1st half last Friday...can't wait for the 2nd half to start. We ended 1st out of 42 teams with a 500+ lead on total pins haha, definitely a challenge having a decent average with this group.

Wow, 42 teams. Great job