Thread: Hello from Northern Califonia

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

Default Hello from Northern Califonia

Hello everyone. My name is Kelly and I am thinking about getting a new ball so I decided to hop on board and see what I can learn. I currently have one ball, a Brunswick Blue Zone that I have had since 1997. I know the technology of the equipment has changed drastically so I am going to try and learn some information from the boards to make a good decision on my next ball. I bowl once a week. It's not that I am struggling with my old ball, currently averaging 219, which is where I have been the last few years. I just want a change and have no clue about what's out there.

Chats: 32

Welcome Kelly. I have a teammate of mine that uses only older equipment he currently has three Zones in his bag including the blue.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Pin Crusher

Are you bragging? My only ball is 18 years old and I avg. 219 but I wanted to get a new one. BS If you are that good you don't need a bunch of strangers telling you what ball to buy. Or are the lanes that easy in Nocal.

I used to have a blue zone ball way back in time, haven't seen anyone throwing one in probably 10 years!

Welcome to the site !

Bowler

Welcome to bowling boards.com! I'm also in NorCal. Where are you?

Haven't been on the board here in several months (or bowling really), but I'm glad to be back.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and winner of a weekly ball contest!

What is Bowling?

Thanks for the welcomes. I bowl in Rohnert Park which is about 50 miles north of San Francisco.

Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by Disneygoofs View Post
    Thanks for the welcomes. I bowl in Rohnert Park which is about 50 miles north of San Francisco.
    I've been to Rohnert Park many times but never bowled there. I'm in the East Bay. Welcome to the forums! As a fan of both the old and new Brunswick, if you want to stick with that brand I can recommend a few good benchmark pieces to consider: the Melee Cross or Melee Hook, the Soul, or the Brute Strength. This site is giving away the Melee Hook so make sure and throw your hat in the ring for the drawing!