Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amateur Bowling Tour (ABT)

Well the abt link is what I've seen and the regional section is blank. And the rest seem like specific events held at very specific places. Are there not any "not so major" events that I could find in the New England area?

Quote Originally Posted by CardShark613 View Post
    Well the abt link is what I've seen and the regional section is blank. And the rest seem like specific events held at very specific places. Are there not any "not so major" events that I could find in the New England area?
    I had the same issue with the ABT site until I clicked on my regions link and was able to get to the Facebook page, which is updated (a little infrequently but better than never) with schedules and some results. My area (1-2 hour radius) has 1-2 smaller "satellites" a month and "major" (this weekend they have an event with $3000 1st prize) tournaments every couple of months.

Good luck finding what you're looking for Shark!
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.
    Roto Grip Critical ball give away winner (04JAN16-10JAN16)

Thanks, yes I'll dig a little deeper and maybe try to find the FB pages you're talking about.
    My local house is hosting a small tournament in a couple weeks. I'll dip my toes in on that one and see if I do well enough to pursue some more.
    My league avg is 170 right now coming from a 140 at the beginning of this league. I've really made some ground after buying my first resin ball(was tossing a 30 year old ebonite urethane all my life and not competitively until this season.) my last few weeks have all been 620+ with a few 730s In practice. I was a little tentative about entering a hdcp tourney feeling pretty confident on a good day I smoke my avg, as I don't want to look like a bagger, but it is my legitimate avg and I always try my best.

I've been told "there are many frequent tourneys in MA" but can't seem to find anything on the net. If anyone near me knows the deal, please share.

And I'll peep that FB ABT

That's the problem. You basically have to go looking for any local tournaments. They don't advertise them at all. It's like the unicorn. Never or hardly ever seen

In New England there is The People's Tournament, which I have done OK in, in the past but it still has it's problems. There is also NEBA which is essentially a semi-pro tour (and one of my goals... get good enough to do well in that)

Chats: 204

If you think the private tournaments are bad...some regional USBC pages and association pages are so bad you don't even know if the association still exists or not.

There is also LIGBT

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2878

Quote Originally Posted by CardShark613 View Post
    CardShark,

I run a monthly scratch tournament up here in Maine called the Maine Invitational Scratch Tournament (M.I.S.T. for short). We have (7) monthly events from September to March, along with special summer scratch challenges and match play tournaments. We put out tough oil patterns, NOT house shots. If you can average 190-200 you will make money most of the time at the M.I.S.T. Here is the link to the website to get more info: www.mist.bowlingchat.net.

If you want, we have a Facebook group page where I post results, schedules, events, or any other pertinent tournament information. Just search "Maine Invitational Scratch Tournament" to be added to the group. We paid out over $20,000 in prize money last year alone, and are on pace to do it again this year. The normal cost per tournament is $60 and we average about 55-60 bowlers per month. I run scratch brackets, high game pots, and also we raffle off a high end Brunswick bowling ball each month, with the money going into the prize fund for each monthly tournament. Thank you, and I hope to see you up here!

James G.
    Maine Invitational Scratch Tournament Director
    James Goulding
    Radical Regional Staff
    Moore's Pro Shop
    Driller / Consultant

"The Maine Bowler" blog: www.jgoulding.wordpress.com

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Maine Man View Post
    CardShark,

I run a monthly scratch tournament up here in Maine called the Maine Invitational Scratch Tournament (M.I.S.T. for short). We have (7) monthly events from September to March, along with special summer scratch challenges and match play tournaments. We put out tough oil patterns, NOT house shots. If you can average 190-200 you will make money most of the time at the M.I.S.T. Here is the link to the website to get more info: www.mist.bowlingchat.net.

If you want, we have a Facebook group page where I post results, schedules, events, or any other pertinent tournament information. Just search "Maine Invitational Scratch Tournament" to be added to the group. We paid out over $20,000 in prize money last year alone, and are on pace to do it again this year. The normal cost per tournament is $60 and we average about 55-60 bowlers per month. I run scratch brackets, high game pots, and also we raffle off a high end Brunswick bowling ball each month, with the money going into the prize fund for each monthly tournament. Thank you, and I hope to see you up here!

James G.
    Maine Invitational Scratch Tournament Director

Sounds fun. Can you move to Pennsylvania?
    Current Average: 190

My Arsenal:
    Hammer Bad Intentions
    Storm Rocket
    Hammer Black Urethane
    Columbia WD Spare Ball

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2878

Haha, maybe someday!
    James Goulding
    Radical Regional Staff
    Moore's Pro Shop