Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mosts Points Won?

Default Mosts Points Won?

I have been league bowling off and on for over 20 years. Most of the leagues I have been in lately are 5 man teams, with 35 points per night, which is: 1 point per head-to-head bowler each game(5) and 5 points for the game, which makes 10 points per game. Then there is 5 points for total pins for the night, which makes 35 total.

Until this year the most points I have even seen one of my teams win (or lose) is 33 on one night(I think). A couple weeks ago, on my Wednesday league, we won 34 points. We were helped by the fact the other team had two bowlers missing. Our league rules say that if one team has an absent bowler, the team that wins the game, gets the point, so we were helped by that rule that night.

Last night, we won 34 1/2. This time the opponent had one bowler missing, which did give us one extra point we might not have otherwise gotten.

But still, I never thought I would see this, especially twice in one round. We were a single pin from getting all 35 points in one night.

Obviously, with all the thousands of bowling leagues, it must happen quite often.

Just curious, have you ever had a night like this where you won (or lost) every, or nearly every point?

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

At the end of the season, year or what ever you use how does the pay out work? Is it by position of the team? Do you pay anything for points won? You may have a bowler who never wins any points and another who wins every week.

A team win should be team points when you use individual points to reach a team total it could lead to bad feelings. Even you weakest link will make a critical spare or strike for the team.

How does everybody else's league pay off.
    Our league pays $300 to the team who wins each half and at the end of the year they bowl 3 games for $1000 more. All teams will be paid $19.20 per point won on a 7 point syst. for 33 weeks.

In this league, 6 teams(out of 12) make the roll-off. Then the team with the highest handicap total that night is the league champion, which pays something like $125.00 per man with the next 5 teams making a little less for each spot. There is also point money based on total points for the year, as well as individual and team awards for each round, plus the sweeper, which is the same night as the roll-off.

Pin Crusher

Not a lot of money but it is a little slanted to the higher avg. teams. What is the H\C?

Handicap is 90 % of 230.

The other 6 teams still get money: 1st $725, 2nd $625, 3rd $550, 4th $475, 5th $400, 6th $350. Then the teams not in the roll-off get, in order, $350, $300, $275, $250, $225, and $200.

Point money is apx. 80c per point won.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Last season our Sun Trio team lost 30 points all season. 2 per man with 3 for total each game and two for indiv total and five for team total with handicap. Our team handicap was 27 pins, all by me. Handicap started the season at 80% of 210. The second half we went to 80% of 220 when my team asked for a special vote. With two bowlers over 230 there was no way the other teams could even come close. Being the center owner, the manager and myself we didn't want teams to quit. All 30 of the lost points were in the second half when I averaged 212.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

56 points available, same set up as your league, op. Head to head 5 man. Best I have seen a team do this year (my first year in this league) is 52-4. We got beat that bad by a group of all 215+ average guys. We didn't even shoot that bad, we just bowled bad enough to lose 52 points lol

Chats: 204

I've never been a league that wasn't 3 games, 1 point per game, 1 point for total = 4.

The only exception was the sport trio league I did with MWhite...that was 3 people (trios), 4 games, and a point for overall = 5.

The most points (overall) I've ever seen a team win was last year when the Wednesday league nearly doubled in size due to a nearby center closing. They decided not to strictly enforce the average cap and let in a team of 4 ringers...they proceeded to rack up around 70 points won and about 20 points lost over 23 weeks or so. Prior to that, the winning teams usually only got into the high 50s in points won.

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    At the end of the season, year or what ever you use how does the pay out work? Is it by position of the team? Do you pay anything for points won? You may have a bowler who never wins any points and another who wins every week.

A team win should be team points when you use individual points to reach a team total it could lead to bad feelings. Even you weakest link will make a critical spare or strike for the team.

How does everybody else's league pay off.
    Our league pays $300 to the team who wins each half and at the end of the year they bowl 3 games for $1000 more. All teams will be paid $19.20 per point won on a 7 point syst. for 33 weeks.
    this sounds like a good idea
    In my bag: Roto Grip Haywire, Ebonite Cyclone Gamebreaker, Brunswick danger zone vintage, Brunswick C-system Maxxed out and Columbia WD. High Game 300 (x3) high series 790...still searching for the 800.

One league has 4 points like Aslan said... one has 9 per night (2 per game, 3 total) and the other I'm in has 8 (2 per game and 2 total). There are always a couple teams that have a great half here and there that get a bunch of points, but never anything totally ridiculous.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast