Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2016 New Year, New Goals

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by NYMIKE View Post
    Whats scary is that I bowl more games than you, I started keeping track of my games in pinpal at 07/17, since than it shows 415 games (probably another 20-30 I didn't track), so last 6 month I been bowling 1000 games a year pace, probably be less this year (57 games in 2016)
    We'll see how may you have in 2016. "On pace" isn't the same as actually bowling them. I probably fell just shy of 1000 in 2014 because I tracked every game religiously...but didn't start using Pinpal until like February or mid January.

2015 the actual number was liklely closer to 800....because I did a lot more lessons...didn't keep track of every practice game...etc...

I'm torn because I want to continue to practice smarter versus MORE...but if I want to get to the next level I have to train in a way that gets me more time on the lanes and less time on bowlingboards talking about the lanes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    We'll see how may you have in 2016. "On pace" isn't the same as actually bowling them. I probably fell just shy of 1000 in 2014 because I tracked every game religiously...but didn't start using Pinpal until like February or mid January.

2015 the actual number was liklely closer to 800....because I did a lot more lessons...didn't keep track of every practice game...etc...

I'm torn because I want to continue to practice smarter versus MORE...but if I want to get to the next level I have to train in a way that gets me more time on the lanes and less time on bowlingboards talking about the lanes.
    You right, we had snow storm this week leagues were cancelled, the storm blew out my car transmission, so no practice either this week, I had a good outing last week, I'm attempting my first consecutive league 500s, will have to wait.

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by NYMIKE View Post
    You right, we had snow storm this week leagues were cancelled, the storm blew out my car transmission, so no practice either this week, I had a good outing last week, I'm attempting my first consecutive league 500s, will have to wait.
    Correct. And thank you for not taking it as criticism or mocking. I've also found that much of the year I'm "on pace for" 1000-1200 games and then, like you, suddenly there are things that come up I hadn't planned on. Much of this year I've been limited by injuries. Not serious enough to keep me from participating in leagues or tournaments or even practice occasionally. But I can't practice every day whether I'd like to or not. And my days of 12-21 game marathon practices...I can't do that and risk being out of commission for months. Right now, I probably should reset my elbow and take a month off...but there's no way with 4 weeks till sweeps in the Wednesday league I can just not show up...although I have been tempted to recently as my team will get more pins if I don't show up than if I do right now.

I just want to break 200 one out of every 3 games I bowl.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123