Thread: One ball tournament

Default One ball tournament

I see a bunch of flyers about one ball tournaments being held over the holidays, what are the typical rules and participant level of these type tournaments in your area ?

The one I see a flyer on shows a single entrant on the sheet and a 12.00 fee and says it starts at 9am ends at 10:30 and says 'bowl as many times as you like"
    I'm not clear on the whole idea of how it works?

SandBagger
    Chats: 26

I would ask for clarification on " bowl as many times as you like"
    re-entry is very common, but I would want to know if you only get paid for your high score or can get paid for all scores above the cut.

I've never done a one ball, but it sounds like fun.
    Beyond Revs Pro Shop Staffer. West Valley and Riverton, Utah.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums. 900Global Inception DCT, Inception Pearl, Honey Badger, Covert Ops, Special Ops, Desert Ops Brunswick Green Quantum Radical Tremendous

i had asked about a one ball tournament and you have to present them w/ whatever ball you were going to use that time and there was no re-entry. you bowl all 4 games using that one ball only and the top 6 would do step ladder to see who would win that tournament.

Chats: 0

There's one out by me next month I was considering. Choice of one of four EBI brand balls. You declare what ball you want to use after practice and you use it for strikes and spares and cannot change at any time. 4 games, cut to top 50%, erase all scores, bowl 4 more games, cut to top 12, bowl 4 more games, cut to top 4. Finally have step-ladder to get winner. All top 12 get a new EBI ball of choice. Entry fee includes ball