Thread: PBA/PBA50 doubles tournament

Chats: 0

Default PBA/PBA50 doubles tournament

I went to the final day of the PBA/PBA50 doubles tournament in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio today with my wife. They were bowling on a short PBA50 Viper oil pattern. The scores were crazy high. I saw three 299's and a 300 and only watched 3 matches. They were a best of 5, and two best of 3.
    I went to see Parker Bohn III and Diana Zavjalova, separate teams of course. Diana is a member of the PWBA and in her early 20's and was paired with Super Senior (60+) Ron Profitt. Those two led qualifying and finished third. Parker and his partner Patrick Allen defended their title, winning 2-0. Bohn shot 299 the first match and Allen shot 300 the second match.
    It was a fun day. Then I went to where I practice to pick up my ball that was damaged a couple weeks ago. The pro shop filled in the damaged area and it looks good enough to me. Add to that a good steak dinner and football playoffs and it was a good day

Ringer

Sounds like an awesome day.

I know a guy who met Parker a couple of times, and said a great guy.

Plus, he's lefty! Instant brownie points there.
    Current Average: 190

My Arsenal:
    Hammer Bad Intentions
    Storm Rocket
    Hammer Black Urethane
    Columbia WD Spare Ball

Wife and I ended up with food poisoning that night. Spent Monday in bed feeling miserable. Was a good day until that night. Ugh......