Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How far forward do you stand on the approach?

Quote Originally Posted by jab5325 View Post
    Hah, your board handle made me chuckle. Welcome to the board!
    Thanks for the welcome jab5325. I tried to send you a PM, but I guess it did not work.
    Average =177 High Game = 249 High Series = 671
    Arsenal = Hammer 15# Burgundy, Hammer 16# Rythm, Track #15 Artillery Arsenal, Track 16# Tour SiC

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey Track Hammer View Post
    Thanks for the welcome jab5325. I tried to send you a PM, but I guess it did not work.
    Looks like you got your signature working!

Nice arsenal! Be careful with different weights though.
    Current Average: 190

My Arsenal:
    Hammer Bad Intentions
    Storm Rocket
    Hammer Black Urethane
    Columbia WD Spare Ball

Looks like you got your signature working!

Nice arsenal! Be careful with different weights though.
    Yeah, the 15# balls feel better to me but, I score much better with the 16# ?
    Arsenal = Hammer 15# Burgundy, Hammer 16# Rythm, Track #15 Artillery Arsenal, Track 16# Tour SiC

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey Track Hammer View Post
    Yeah, the 15# balls feel better to me but, I score much better with the 16# ?
    Stick with what feels better. Switching back & forth will really mess up your armswing and timing. Very few use 16# balls anymore because nothing is lost by dropping to 15. You get better control which means more accuracy.
    Current Average: 190

My Arsenal:
    Hammer Bad Intentions
    Storm Rocket
    Hammer Black Urethane
    Columbia WD Spare Ball

Stick with what feels better. Switching back & forth will really mess up your armswing and timing. Very few use 16# balls anymore because nothing is lost by dropping to 15. You get better control which means more accuracy.
    I don't know, I suppose you could be right as I have heard others say similar things. I have only had these 15# balls for a little over a month now, so things could change. So far though, for me anyway. I have to be more accurate with the 15 when it comes to strikes. I get far more strikes with the 16, on shots that I probably did not deserve a strike. So far I have just been bowling 2 games back to back with each weight. I want to go with what feels best "15" because it just seems like the natural thing to do. How ever, my final score will probably make the decision for me.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234