Thread: "That Purple Stuff" Ball Cleaner Showdown Video 01

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Default "That Purple Stuff" Ball Cleaner Showdown Video 01

Okay, Here's my comparison test of That Purple Stuff.

Synopsis:
    "That Purple Stuff" is a good cleaner, But you can use it up fast and it's pricey.

Cleaning after every shot does appear to give the ball a more consistent reaction, But it doesn't matter what cleaner you use. Cleaning after every shot lets any cleaner work more effectively.

As for leaving ten pins you still can leave them, But cleaning after every shot does seem to help reduce how many you leave.

Note about the 10 pin leaves:
    That's just my opinion!! I cleaned my my ball every frame and I left fewer ten pins than I had been when I didn't.

I didn't do some long scientific study, I just tried what Ron H. said about cleaning after every shot. I did a comparison of cleaners like a ordinary person might try to do, Then just gave my opinion.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 01-28-2016 at 07:13 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 10

Thanks for posting this. Very interesting. Another downside is the smell! But I enjoyed using it as I think it was effective.
    In my bag: Roto Grip UFO, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused and Roto Grip Hustle hyb

League High Series: 745 (12/23/19) High Game: 300 (11/23/15)

Proud member of BowlingBoards.com

Ringer
    Chats: 23

Good review. I am a fan of the motiv power gel clean. I would advise you to buy it at buddiesproshop though. $9.99 is much cheaper although I buy most of my stuff so never have to worry about shipping as I make sure I buy over $50.

http://www.buddiesproshop.com/p-2374...lean-16oz.aspx

Bowl, what do you think of using cleaner on a shammy? I have had pretty good consistency with just the shammy so I was wondering if a little bit of cleaner on the shammy would be worth the trouble.

Also Buddies sells their own shammy's for $10 on sale right now.
    Equipment:
    Motiv: Forza, Forza Redine, Venom Shock, Tag
    Storm: Sky Rocket
    Track 100P Spare Ball

To be drilled: Motiv Jackal

Great review, bowl1820!
    If you or your company would like to advertise on BowlingBoards.com, PM me.

Add this to your signature to show your support for BowlingBoards.com and the Bowling Forums

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Looking forward to more reviews... Good job!

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scottymoney View Post
    Good review. I am a fan of the motiv power gel clean. I would advise you to buy it at buddiesproshop though. $9.99 is much cheaper although I buy most of my stuff so never have to worry about shipping as I make sure I buy over $50.

http://www.buddiesproshop.com/p-2374...lean-16oz.aspx
    Motiv PGC is not bad, just hard to carry that big bottle in the bag! I got that bottle at a local proshop which is connected with bowlersmart.

Bowl, what do you think of using cleaner on a shammy? I have had pretty good consistency with just the shammy so I was wondering if a little bit of cleaner on the shammy would be worth the trouble.
    I thought about that (even though i don't have one yet) but I don't think you should, because some chemicals can damage leather. Things like Alcohol, Acetone are bad for leather and if the fibers get damaged it could reduce its effectiveness.

Also Buddies sells their own shammy's for $10 on sale right now.
    Soon as I get a little extra $$ I was thinking getting one to test out from bowlingball.com they got a house branded one (Pyramid & BB.com) now. A little bigger than the name brand ones.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BowlingBoards.com View Post
    Great review, bowl1820!
    THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by djp1080 View Post
    Looking forward to more reviews... Good job!
    Going to try one doing Alcohol vs the Simple Green/Alcohol mix next.

And one with the leather shammy when I can come up with one. (If they didn't cost so much I'd get a name brand one like storms and BB.coms house brand a compare them.)

As is I'll just have to see if they clean as good as a cleaner & MF towel.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 01-29-2016 at 07:25 PM.

Cranker
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    And one with the leather shammy when I can come up with one. (If they didn't cost so much I'd get a name brand one like storms and BB.coms house brand a compare them.)
    Buddiesproshop.com sells their own Shammy for $9.95. Just ordered one to go to have a spare when I have to clean my Storm shammy.