Rev Rate:420
Axis Tilt:20
Axis Rotation: 45
Ball Speed:17
PAP Measurements: 4 1/8

Description: The Carnage is the second coming of the Jackal series. It comes wrapped in the new Coercion XFS Reactive coverstock. Underneath the skin of this animal is the successful Predator weight block which is inside the original Jackal and the now discontinued Raptor series.

Out of box surface: 3000 Grit LSS

Layout: 40 x 41/2 x 45
Ball Reaction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cyiv...ature=youtu.be

Comparisons

Jackal: The original does not grab as early and hooks 5 boards less overall than the Carnage; in terms of backend the original has more muscle. In terms of overall hook the Carnage has more muscle than the original. The original Jackal responds quicker to friction than the Carnage as it is a pearl, the Carnage in the friction for myself was too early and too strong for my liking. Both are meant for the heavy oil however I give the nod to the Carnage because of the Coercion XFS Reactive cover, overall the cover is stronger than the Turmoil HFP Reactive on the Jackal.

Primal Rage Remix: In terms of length and backend reaction the Remix leads in the desired categories, in terms of ball reaction the Remix is more angular than the Carnage as well. Although in its own right the Remix produces a decent amount of hook, but not as much as the Carnage.

Revolt Havoc: I love the Revolt Havoc for its continuation and the overall roll it provides, in my opinion the Havoc and Carnage are meant to play off of each other although they differ in ball motion. In terms of length I feel the Carnage is earlier because of the cover, in terms of hook the Carnage provides more overall than the Havoc. I’ve had success with using both in heavy oil but the Carnage allowed me to open up the lane more, in terms of digging into the lane it doesn’t get any better than the Carnage.

Summary: Since the discontinuation of the Raptor Talon I’ve been waiting for its rightful replacement and the Carnage is just that and more. The Coercion cover is bigger, stronger, and digs into the pattern from start to finish in a way the Talon did not. Imagine a snow tire with chains on it that is the Jackal Carnage, traction and continuation in heavy oil from start to finish. I could play anywhere on the lane with this ball as long as there was enough oil to sustain it, the Carnage needs oil because that is what its meant for. If you have a spot in bag that you need to fill for heavier patterns I ask you to take a look at the Carnage, I can promise you it is worth your time because there is nothing better than causing carnage throwing a Carnage.

Your game will thank you for it.

K.C.White II
Motiv Staff
Whybowl Staff