Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: !!$@&!! this sport !

Chats: 0

Default !!$@&!! this sport !

Frustrating night. Pulled a muscle in my slide leg for the second week straight. Different muscle too. Bowled Round-Robin tonite sitting in 4th place and got smoked by a team with a high average of 180. We had to spot them 50 pins a game and they beat us by 150 the first game and 200 the second game. Guy with a 180 average shot 720 scratch. He had his 3-game series average of 540 by the end of game two.
    We won the last game by 117, where the two teams combined for 17 splits as the lanes dried up so bad no one could keep off the nose. I need a drink and a heating pad.

damn. Some people do have good nights but it sounds like that guy dumps, not saying he does but you have to wonder. it means he was able to continue making good adjustments with the dry which would indicate he's better than the average suggest. I bowled a team 2 weeks ago where the lady on the team had a low avg, can't remember the exact number, but she was going to work on us. She busted out 200 an 190 the first 2 games with mainly jersey strikes.
    In my bag: Roto Grip Haywire, Ebonite Cyclone Gamebreaker, Brunswick danger zone vintage, Brunswick C-system Maxxed out and Columbia WD. High Game 300 (x3) high series 790...still searching for the 800.

SandBagger

Strange, Had the opposite occur last night. They seemed to have oiled the lanes 1 to 1. There was no dry. Splits galore and if a little right of the pocket with any speed the 1 2 4 10 was common. I also woke up with sore feet this morning which either the socks were to tight or I was twisting so much trying to find a line.
    Maybe next week.
    P.S. When I ran into your condition I went to my Columbia White Dot. It has no weight block, but in conditions like yours the darn thing will hook just from revs.

Pin Crusher

Forever you saying you never bowled on a team that got hot and bowled out of their mind? We have all been on both sides of that. As to the lanes sucking it is not the other teams fault. Some times you are the hydrant some times you are the Dog.

I'm saying that we have two bowlers that average under 180 that have never popped off a 700+ series. It just seems that this season every high game has been against us.

For a few years in a row, I have wanted to name our team "Get ready for YOUR best night ever".

Pin Crusher

Had a bowler in my league a few years ago that had never had a 700 series. He averaged around 195 or so. One night he shoots "815"???

I bowled against a guy with a 132 average this week. He shot a 145, 130, 245. With his handicap he got wel over a 300. Unbeatable best game of his life.

I'm jealous as a 152 bowler my high series is 540, yet I've seen a 130 straight down the middle bowler score a 622.

Strange things happen, had a teammate that had a 150 average shoot a 300 one night and just a couple of years ago had another teammate
    set high handicap score at 329, he shot a 279 and had 50 pins, I believe his average was 160, on the other hand ran into a guy on Thurs I bowl with on Fri
    and watched him throw a 300 practice game, bowled next to him the next day and saw him shoot a 112, on the exact same pair of lanes no less......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast