Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Storm Fight

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    I got to see the Phaze last night. Have to say not impressed. The ball has a very early short hook phase and then just kind of rolls into the pins. The guy I watched throw it didn't have a lot of hand and was medium speed so maybe will fit better with the high rev power crowd but from what I seen a lot of people are going to buy that ball and not be happy.
    Lots of emphasis on the midlane roll in their newer promo for it...

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

I got to see the Phaze last night. Have to say not impressed. The ball has a very early short hook phase and then just kind of rolls into the pins. The guy I watched throw it didn't have a lot of hand and was medium speed so maybe will fit better with the high rev power crowd but from what I seen a lot of people are going to buy that ball and not be happy.
    What was the layout?

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by fortheloveofbowling View Post
    What was the layout?
    Unfortunately I didn't get to see the layout. he was bowling two lanes away from me and not a guy I like real well so I didn't go for a closer look. Like I said earlier could be just didn't match with him/lanes but I really didn't like the ball roll. Ball seemed to hook about 10 ft past the arrows and just roll after that. I didn't see anything but 10's and 7's every time I watched him with it.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

After talking to my PSO I decided to hold off on buying the Fight. The lanes around here are too dry most of the time so I'll wait on the pearl version. Storm seems to start with a solid then a pearl and sometimes the hybrid....Although I could get one and work on the surface 3000 then polish it?
    Last edited by Jessiewoodard57; 02-08-2016 at 02:45 PM.
    Roto Grip Sinister, Storm 2Fast, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Joy Ride, Storm Phase, Storm Sky Rocket, Storm Mix, 14#equipment..Disabled bowler bowl from a wheel chair.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner!

Chats: 10

I saw one in league on Sunday. he guy warmed up with it and then didn't use it. I also wasn't very impressed. Perhaps it was his style. Great looking ball though. I'm on the fence, Fight or Hy-Wire which comes out next month. I have the Haywire, thinking the Hy-Wire would compliment it well. But the Fight....
    In my bag: Roto Grip UFO, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused and Roto Grip Hustle hyb

League High Series: 745 (12/23/19) High Game: 300 (11/23/15)

Proud member of BowlingBoards.com

Pin Crusher

I'm picking mine up Saturday, and heading straight to the nearest lanes. You'll get a report.
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-300; high series-739

Guy on the other team bowled with a Fight last night that he just drilled up, 211, 279, 279 for a 769. Not bad for right out of the box.

Pin Crusher

Drilled up and out of the box. 180/255/237--672. Ran 8 to start the second game, pushed the 9th shot out and washed. It is not an oily lane ball. The lanes we were on (The Lanes on 20, Racine) were pretty well greased up, so I just stuck with it to see if I could make it work, and it did exactly that! If you left it in the oil, it did have a tough time coming back, but push it into the dry, and it was an absolute rhino. I did see two ten pins, but neither had a right to be there. Light hits, and it throws s**t everywhere. High flush, and it kills it. I'm going to stick with the OOB finish until I see a reason not to. This ball was a sound decision. I have a reaction video. Would like to have one of it really breaking late, but the lanes conditions wouldn't allow.

Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-300; high series-739

Just ordered the Phase today can't wait to get it
    Roto Grip Sinister, Storm 2Fast, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Joy Ride, Storm Phase, Storm Sky Rocket, Storm Mix, 14#equipment..Disabled bowler bowl from a wheel chair.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner!

picking up a fight this week

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast