Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: USBC Masters

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

At least I am not calling bowlers who have bowled in leagues for longer than the two most recent major winners have been alive HOUSE HACKS! They have only been bowling for 8-9 years yet because they learned how to bowl using two hands they get the carry to win?
    Fordman can't see his grass it is covered with snow...
    Wasn't the question about what we think about two handers????

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    First off what gives you a right to call people house hacks when you are "newtobowling"?
    2nd how is it that just because some kid learns how to job the system and create huge carry that he deserves to win a Major tournament? Most have bowled for years to get to the top unlike two handers.
    If your post had any logic, it could be argued that anybody with a few hundred dollars for balls could win a PBA tournament in no time at all by just putting their off hand on the ball...you can't be serious with this post. can you?!?!

To me, it didn't seem like the other 80% of the finalists (1-handers) had any problem with carry, it was more about making shots, IMO. I'm sure Big Nasty would be very conducive to you telling him he lacked carry with the 700+ series he bowled over his 3 games.

Did Tiger Woods "job the system" when he lapped the field at Augusta when he was 19?!?!?!

This "idea" that some how age allows someone to deserve to win is flat out wrong...the person that wins DESERVES to win.

When reading your post, I envisioned a guy with a cane yelling at kids to get off his lawn...just sayin'.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.
    Roto Grip Critical ball give away winner (04JAN16-10JAN16)

Chats: 256

At least I am not calling bowlers who have bowled in leagues for longer than the two most recent major winners have been alive HOUSE HACKS! They have only been bowling for 8-9 years yet because they learned how to bowl using two hands they get the carry to win?
    Think you are taking that a little too personally. Struck a nerve I guess.

Certainly talk away about your apparent disgust of 2 handers.

They are operating within all rules and regulations the sport has placed on bowlers. They aren't "jobbing the system" to quote what you said. They are performing on the same conditions as any other bowler in the tournament is.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

A house hack is defined as someone who can only hit their home house shot or a house shot in general. I don't think anyone referred to you personally as a house hack and i would not like that and don't consider myself in that way. But having bowled every year in a sanctioned league since 1975 and 2 1/2 times his age i would say compared to Anthony Simonson at this point i am a house hack. My choices are to try to get better or be bitter about bowlers that are my superior and quit and take up lawn bowling or yard darts.
    Last edited by fortheloveofbowling; 02-17-2016 at 03:21 PM.

Chats: 32

If your post had any logic, it could be argued that anybody with a few hundred dollars for balls could win a PBA tournament in no time at all by just putting their off hand on the ball...you can't be serious with this post. can you?!?!
    No but generating revs with a two handed approach is much easier than with a more traditional style. It brings it's own set of problems but working on the release isn't one of them.

Did Tiger Woods "job the system" when he lapped the field at Augusta when he was 19?!?!?!
    No he didn't but I do believe they majorly renovated that course a few years after that to lengthen it due to improvements in club and ball technology. It would be pretty hard to lengthen your average bowling alley.

I really don't have a horse in this discussion I bowl with some pretty talented two handers I wouldn't want my kids to bowl that way but if they like it I really don't care. Playing devils advocate mostly.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 256

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    No but generating revs with a two handed approach is much easier than with a more traditional style. It brings it's own set of problems but working on the release isn't one of them.
    Not all 2 handers generate a ton of revs. Anthony is a 2 hander but is not in the league of Belmo, Osku or even Svennson in amount of revs he puts on the ball. If anything, some 1 handers put more revs on it than Anthony does.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Not all 2 handers generate a ton of revs. Anthony is a 2 hander but is not in the league of Belmo, Osku or even Svennson in amount of revs he puts on the ball. If anything, some 1 handers put more revs on it than Anthony does.
    That's true one of my better teammates who bowls two handed also doesn't usually produce huge revs. He can if he needs to but prefers to keep the ball in front of him. He is also a full roller which produces some interesting layouts.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Wasn't calling you a house hack, just using it as a general term. But seems like you have an agenda so I'll let you run with it

Also, no one GAVE the title to Anthony Simonsen. He EARNED it. No doubt about it. Him and Jesper have scary good games. They are both talented, not gimmick bowlers.

See post below for explanation of house hack...

Quote Originally Posted by fortheloveofbowling View Post
    A house hack is defined as someone who can only hit their home house shot or a house shot in general. I don't think anyone referred to you personally as a house hack and i would not like that and don't consider myself in that way. But having bowled every year in a sanctioned league since 1975 and 2 1/2 times his age i would say compared to Anthony Simonson at this point i am a house hack. My choices are to try to get better or be bitter about bowlers that are my superior and quit and take up lawn bowling or yard darts.
    Last edited by NewToBowling; 02-17-2016 at 05:55 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345